Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you calling me fat or forgetting I am standing here?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I'm veg but I'd eat a human in a survial situation. Nom Nom Nom

I will admit, I make comments about "Oh, I just ate that bag of chips, I should walk around and burn some of it off," or mention I am trying to watch my weight, not really caring who is in earshot. *shrugs* It just something that is matter of fact.

Comment

I'd love to see a person who is truly 0% bodyfat.

I'm what most people would consider thin, and I'm 26% bodyfat. Up to 35% is considered healthy and normal for young adult women up to mid 30s, or so the doctor told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        The point was more to do with the fact that as a vegetarian, he wouldn't want to eat any of the people in the group, so since he wasn't going to indulge in the cannibalism, he might as well be eaten. XD
        Now I know that this probably isn't the point of the exercise you mentioned, but just because this is the way my brain works I have to ask: Did anyone ever bring up fishing on the desert island? Did it have the ubiquitous coconut tree? What about underwater edible plants? How big is the desert island? What resources does it have?

And now to steer back to the subject: I know many people who are diet fanatics. One of them is currently on The Paleo-Diet, where you are only suppose to eat the types of foods our Paleolithic ancestors ate. No processed foods, no beans (I'm still trying to reconcile that one, actually), etc. etc. This person complains about how they feel it's not working.....at which point I remind them that they are sitting at a computer all day and not chasing down a mammoth with a stone-point spear.

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        I'd love to see a person who is truly 0% bodyfat.

I'm what most people would consider thin, and I'm 26% bodyfat. Up to 35% is considered healthy and normal for young adult women up to mid 30s, or so the doctor told me.
        I'm sure you've seen them, they are usually body-builders with veins that stick out. Constantly working out, eating high-protein, low-fat diets. Think Arnold Schwartenegger in his "Mr. Universe" days.

Originally posted by Cat View Post
        Hell, I'm veg but I'd eat a human in a survial situation. Nom Nom Nom
        Well done, I'm going to put in my mental category of "Rational, senseble Vegetarian/Vegan" that I can talk to. As opposed to some of the ones I ran into while discussing the book when Mother Earth News put up an excerpt of it on their website. I had to walk away from that discussion when it became abundantly clear that there was a group who were treating it like a religion instead of a dietary choice. You can discuss a dietary choice calmly and rationally by presenting research in support of your arguements for or against. Ya' can't discuss a religious belief the same way without offending the believers.

I will admit, I make comments about "Oh, I just ate that bag of chips, I should walk around and burn some of it off," or mention I am trying to watch my weight, not really caring who is in earshot. *shrugs* It just something that is matter of fact.
        My mom does that, and my wife, and my mother-in-law.....usually as a way of saying "I ate to much and made a pig of myself," after we go out to dinner. And I have to admit, the last time we went out for Sushi, yeah, we made pigs of ourselves and ate more than we should have....but it was just so damn good!
        "Sometimes the way you THINK it is, isn't how it REALLY is at all." --St. Orin--

Comment

Originally posted by Sage Blackthorn View Post
          Now I know that this probably isn't the point of the exercise you mentioned, but just because this is the way my brain works I have to ask: Did anyone ever bring up fishing on the desert island? Did it have the ubiquitous coconut tree? What about underwater edible plants? How big is the desert island? What resources does it have?
          You must be my clone cuz I was an annoying child, and those were the questions I asked. I was told; no fishing, no trees, no resources, and just sit down and play the damn game. XXD

Another game, similar to the desert island game, was the balloon game. You're all in a balloon, and it's going to crash soon cuz it's too heavy. In order that everyone else be saved, one person has to be thrown out. I always used to say, "I'm the person who made the balloon and I've fitted a self destruct bomb within the machinery. If you throw me out, I will activate the bomb. It can't be removed without destroying the balloon, so if you throw me out, then you all die." Everyone else used to come up with celebrities, or people like Mother Theresa or the Queen. XD
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
            You must be my clone cuz I was an annoying child, and those were the questions I asked. I was told; no fishing, no trees, no resources, and just sit down and play the damn game. XXD

Another game, similar to the desert island game, was the balloon game. You're all in a balloon, and it's going to crash soon cuz it's too heavy. In order that everyone else be saved, one person has to be thrown out. I always used to say, "I'm the person who made the balloon and I've fitted a self destruct bomb within the machinery. If you throw me out, I will activate the bomb. It can't be removed without destroying the balloon, so if you throw me out, then you all die." Everyone else used to come up with celebrities, or people like Mother Theresa or the Queen. XD
            That's what I thought, people hate it when you punch holes in their hypothetical situations. I was watching "Justice", a political philosophy class at Harvard taught by Michael Sandel (I've mentioned this in other threads), where he brought up a similar moral dilemma involving having 5 terminal patients who needed healthy organs to live, and one healthy patient whom you could know out and basicly steal their heart, lungs, pancreas, etc. to keep the five sick ones alive..... One kid said "Why don't you just take the organs from the first sick one to die and use them to save the other four?" The teacher (Sandel) said that was an excellant idea except that he'd just totally destroyed the exercise.
            "Sometimes the way you THINK it is, isn't how it REALLY is at all." --St. Orin--

Comment

Working...
            X