family caving to the eldest niece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family caving to the eldest niece

back history: there are two nieces, eldest and youngest. and my daughter. every other saturday they are dropped off so granpaw can have his time with them. HOWEVER due to youngest niece being born, eldest thinks she can act like a baby and get attention to.

Eldest Niece = EN
    Youngest Niece = YN
    Me = yarp
    DD = Dear daugher, my kid
    GP = Granpaw
    NM = Niece's mother

DD and YN are going to be a year old come november. and lately because of there being a baby IE her sister around, EN thinks its ok to revert to being a baby and acting like one which means she's thrown her potty training off, reverted BACK to bottles and so on. NM has actually done all she can to stop this if her husband would help her but thats another rant. EN gets everything she wants most of the time from family or if not she throws a horrible fit. Myself, hubs and NM are about the only ones who let her throw a fit and carry on and then follow through.
    GP, and the rest of the family either cave or attempt to follow through. Well i was JUST ASKED if GP could borrow one of DD's bottles so EN could have milk. WTFH!? no, I am NOT encouraging this behavior she is over two years old (three in december) and does not need this behavior encouraged i dun care if she throws a damn fit. But i got this look that if i said no it would be my fault. oh hell no.
    When I get a moment I am calling NM to come get EN because this is ridiculous as it undermines myself, hubs and NM when people cave to her and encourages her bad behavior. like we don't work hard enough to discourage that. thanks so much....

and for the record he would have eventually given it to her to calm her down if i had said no. all that does if you hold out then cave is teach her if she screams a bit longer she will get what she wants. nice
    Last edited by LexiaFira; 09-25-2010, 05:33 PM.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

I don't think the reverting behavior EN is exhibiting is at all unusual...but yeah you can NOT give in to it. She has to be taught that there are other people in the world besides her.....I know babies are born selfish and all me me me...and that has to be taught out of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

alot of this rant is in anger. mostly because that morning it was barely even 8:30 when they were dropped off. meaning i did not have enough time to wake up eat and get properly dressed NONE of us did. And its not NM's fault its her husband, she keeps making excuses for him but thing is he is a lazy butt who doesn't spend enough time with his kids and if they are a "issue" he makes her deal with them or if its time for them to visit, they are up early then go drop them off. Sometimes kids wake up at the crack of dawn, apparently they did that day.
      and I agree EN's behavior is out of jealousy as hey my sis gets more attention what about me? well if i act like a baby they'll give me more attention. its just timing of it all between when they were born. however (i lost count) 5-7 time outs in ONE day is a bit excessive and I KNOW she doesn't give her mom nearly as this much trouble or at least not at her own home. so it was very frustrating but i felt i handled it the best and just kept my anger to myself and then posted here. because i have nothing better to do apparently. (self gripe nothing against anyone here)
      Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
      Yeah we're so over, over
      Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
      X