People who argue about the wrong thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who argue about the wrong thing

So there you are, having a debate with someone about something, and you make an example: "Well how would you feel if you went into Pizza Hut and the waitress treated you like that?"

And there it is - he knows he's lost the debate. He simply can't come back from that. He knows your point is too valid to make even the slightest dent in it.

So what does he do? Let's change the subject and attack the wrong thing!

"Well, I don't like Pizza Hut." As if that has anything to do with it!

Those are the same people who are really literal about everything. I have friends like that and my dearly beloved little sister is the same way. I can put up with it most of the time, but sometimes, it gets really annoying.
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

My friend Lemon is the same way, only he'll put a different spin on it. He'll say "What does Pizza Hut have anything to do with this?" and go back to arguing with you.
      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

I think I need a few more examples of this.

Comment

Ok like a good real one I had, when I was working a tire shop the inventory was all messed up. You could never find the tires you needed. The boss was brainstorming ideas of organizing them and I suggested organizing them by size, and treating the size like a coding system. For instance, tire size 195/75/14 would be in the section for 1957514. Then you have 1957515, etc...except then to continue the example I listed something like a 190/70/15 or something, only to be abruptly chastised by a co-worker, saying my idea would never work because they don't name 190's.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
            Ok like a good real one I had, when I was working a tire shop the inventory was all messed up. You could never find the tires you needed. The boss was brainstorming ideas of organizing them and I suggested organizing them by size, and treating the size like a coding system. For instance, tire size 195/75/14 would be in the section for 1957514. Then you have 1957515, etc...except then to continue the example I listed something like a 190/70/15 or something, only to be abruptly chastised by a co-worker, saying my idea would never work because they don't name 190's.
            Were I in that situation, I think my response would be "Well, let's try it and see if it works better or not. It can't be any worse than what we've got now."
            "Sometimes the way you THINK it is, isn't how it REALLY is at all." --St. Orin--

Comment

Working...
            X