Very Impatient People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Impatient People

Now, I admit to being impatient and antsy lots of the time. Sometimes it's being realistic and my bf is just lolligagging around. Sometimes I really am being a little too impatient.

But what our friends pulled last weekend.....well, maybe it's not just impatience. Whatever it was, it really pissed us off.

There was some stupid party or get together for later that evening. Just as bf and I walked into the movie theater to buy our tickets, his phone goes off. It's my friend's husband asking bf if he's convinced me to go yet, if we're coming or not. Bf is being a dick saying (right in front of me) "Oh I'll get her to go eventually", and I made him get off the phone becuase we were next in line. So he said, and I quote: "But hey, we're just buyin tickets and the movie is starting in a few minutes, I will call you back when we leave here, ok?" and I heard bf's husband (loud voice all the time) say "Ok" back.

We shut our phones off when we sat down. The movie, well, previews started at about 7:15, so the actual movie started at about 7:30.

It was kind of long, it was 9:30 or 9:45 by the time we got out.

I went to use the bathroom, I hit the button to turn my phone back on, then left my purse on the floor while I went potty.

DING! DING! DING! DING! goes my phone. Four text messages. I knew what this was about.

So I finish up, wash up, get out and meet back up with bf and say "Guess what?" and show him all 4 texts.

Four texts. Ranging from 7:20-7:35. All from my friend.

First one: Hey, xxx is having a party tonight, are you guys going to come? I really hope so, you guys don't have to stay long, we aren't either, no one has to drink if they don't want to, please please come!

Second one, minutes later: So are you guys coming? I really don't want to go if you aren't going to go, if we're the only girls.....

Third one, minutes later: So are you guys coming?

Fourth one, about two minutes after that one: Ok, nevermind, we aren't going anymore.

Now, bf had his stupid heart set on it, because he'll do anything to get out of the house and be around the guys, I could have cared less because I'm sick of being around people especially parties. But anyway, he was pissed when he saw that.

So he immediately dials up my friend's husband, who does not answer. Yes, there's a chance he was busy or didn't hear his phone, but just after that series of texts, bf figured he was avoiding him now, because he tends to do that when he doesn't get his way or if plans change.

So I texted my friend back "Sorry, we were not ignoring you we were at a movie it was long, but yes we will come for a little bit if you guys will still go." and then instantly it was like "OK cool see you there!"

Wow. Just wow.

Oh, I'm sure someone can come along and "challenge" or nitpick me and say that my friend and her husband didn't communicate well or things happen, but stuff like this has happened before and it really tries my own patience. It's also a sign of lack of maturity. Geez, and her husband is almost 30 and still acting that way too. Wow.

Husband told Friend that you were entering the movie theater, and they expected you to answer you phone 5-20 minutes later? Blank no, you're not being unreasonable. Now, had there been one message left with the expectation that you might not get it for a couple of hours, and then a later one more along the lines of "we've been thinking, and by the time you can go it will be too late" or even just "never mind; we've changed our minds" that would be different.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

blas, I think I enjoy these posts of yours too much, and for that I apologize. I think you and Lupo are my sole reasons to be on these sites now.

Anywho, I hate that too...especially if they're the kind to send an essay-text to you. So each time it's 3-4 text messages. And they all get scrambled, leaving you to figure out what the heck they're trying to tell you.

Comment

Is that a compliment? Or just a hint that I need a new life with new everyone involved? Eeeh.

She's one of those people I just can't keep up with, with the texting. Even with a flashy keypad now on my phone, so I don't have to use the numberpads.

Those two have pulled some stunts on us before, it's pretty sad. Like I said, the husband is almost 30, my friend is my age, I don't know if he's always been immature or if he's just that supportive of her.

I posted on CS about not wanting to go out one night, and kind of woopsies falling asleep and my bf going out alone with them and her being irate with me about "ditching" her when she knew all along I never wanted to go and I never promised I would. Bf thinks that to get "revenge", a couple of weeks later for his birthday, they both ditched out and didn't come. She said she was sick (this girl is "sick" all the time, I swear) and her husband originally said he'd come out for a bit for my bf, but literally minutes before we were supposed to go out, texted my bf that he was staying home with her instead to take care of her and when my bf tried to call him, he hit he ignore button on my bf.

Comment

OH dear Blas no I don't think you need a new life or anything, your posts are truly ones to look forward to, along with lupo I love your no nonsense don't take any shit and I don't care attitude. It's refreshing.

Now as for your friends I agree they were being a tad impatient and immature.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

sounds more like you need new friends but its your life and i'm sure there are many reasons why you still stay with them or there is more to it here than what I or the rest are seeing.

but this is coming from someone who decided she doesn't put up with that after the third time it happens and breaks all contact
            Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
            Yeah we're so over, over
            Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

You're not only one who gets impatient with other people. What you described would get on my nerves very quickly. I have a low bullshit tolerance, myself. One thing I can't stand is someone who is always kicking up clouds of unnecessary drama.

Comment

Well you were up in the air about going, I hate when people actually tell me we are doing something and then won't commit to the plans 30 min before we are supposed to meet up as it takes me 15min to get to most of my friends houses, it annoys me when I could be spending my time doing something else instead of waiting, at least you told your friends you were in a movie and it would be some time.

Comment

Oh trust me, I'm a pretty concrete person. I get angry when I am legitimately ditched over solid plans. People pull that crap on me constantly, my bf and friends who love to live their lives in the moment and the moment only, that planning is for old foagies and that it shouldn't matter when or where as long as we do something. Blah blah blah.

Bf was adament we were going to go, I ended up saying I would. I was just irate that they were told we were AT A MOVIE, and that we'd call them as soon as it was over. Not 20 minutes later. People who freak out because you don't text them right back and try to cancel or be dramatic about it really need to grow up.

Comment

Working...
                  X