X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes TMI of personal life, when is enough

First if this is in the wrong thread please move and sorry

main point. If people don't want their past life brought up from past posts on this board or any other then don't post about your personal life so much. Or at least have some sense. Or rather if you are posting about your dating life great, but then what happens when it falls through?
    Yes there are friends here in the forums all great and wonderful but you cannot forget those of us that got hurt that post here. I have friends here too but i kept my distance mostly because of the whole experience of yeah its great when dating others from a place you both go to but what happens when it falls through? and badly. Can both be civil enough to still post or is it even fair to ask the other to leave because it went badly?
    based on negative experiences of my own i try not to get too close but sometimes it happens and i at least have the sense to realize and tell the other person hey ok some things we don't need to be posting about because should something bad happen I don't want either of us to have to leave the forum or mmorpg
    point is, there is a fine line about hey i did this and just keeping it to yourself. yes every member will have friends and enemies its just who can hold their tongue and who cannot

apparently i cannot hold my tongue but this is after so many times seeing this person post and just asking ok what happened with this person or this person or what. and thinking no i just need to stay out of it. but its really difficult when i see person after person from the forum change after this person got with them, or see people disappear or start lurking.
    i am trying not to invoke a flame war but at least understand both sides before saying anything. however i just feel that some of the things this person says are hypocritical and not worth reading yet until now i kept that to myself as i did not want to be banned over harsh words being posted. i at least knew well enough to NOT POST EVERY DAMN THING that happened that day. yes its great and people don't mind but damn...i'm sorry. STFU sometimes
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Personally, I am sick to death of reading about everyone's kinks and TMI personal life.

I could give a flying fuck who is into S&M, who can't satisified with only one sexual partner, who masturbates, who gets off on weird funky crap, and all that other shit that's been shared lately.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of message boards out there for that kind of garbage, and if I wanted to visit them, I would.
    I don't need to be reading a thread that starts out perfectly innocent and ends up in a free-for-all of one-upping each other on who is kinkier.

I also don't want to go to off topic and be faced with the option of only reading one or two threads, because the whole damn board has turned into one giant True Confessions board of sleaze.

I agree with you that, if people don't want their past thrown up at them, then don't post shit that opens the door to it. (For the record, that is not being posted as a directive by a mod. It's a personal opinion. Deal with it. LOL)
    Last edited by Ree; 11-07-2010, 03:01 AM.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

You brought up past experience that had NOTHING to do with the thread whatsoever. NOTHING. You pretty much just went into the thread and trolled the OP. Not sure what else you expected to happen.

If it bothers you that they post so much, just ignore it like everyone else does. Don't troll their posts.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        You brought up past experience that had NOTHING to do with the thread whatsoever. NOTHING. You pretty much just went into the thread and trolled the OP. Not sure what else you expected to happen.

If it bothers you that they post so much, just ignore it like everyone else does. Don't troll their posts.
        Ditto.

The person in question has also had their past brought up against them continuously in all kinds of nasty passive/aggressive ways, it's unfair, and I'm sick of reading about the whole thing. She deserves better than that.

Just remember that there are two sides to everything.

Also, people come on the forums for advice and concerns about all kinds of things: baby problems, supernatural occurrences, self-diagnosed psychologies, etc. Why not ask for advice or vent about relationships? I agree, keep the kinky bedroom stuff out or add a NSFW tag. But a person ought to be able to post about their personal life if they want.

Comment

You brought up past experience that had NOTHING to do with the thread whatsoever. NOTHING. You pretty much just went into the thread and trolled the OP.
          Did another poster's dirty work is what she did.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I completely agree with this statement.

Comment

Hmmm...and yet, only one person actually reported the problem in the thread in question.
              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                Hmmm...and yet, only one person actually reported the problem in the thread in question.
                Exactly.

Regardless of who was right or wrong, it's total BULLSHIT that I had to go in there and say what I said, and STILL people couldn't fucking leave it alone - and I had to shut it down.

The report button is not subtle. It's not there for decoration. It's not a suggestion. Use it.

Comment

Hm, let's see what was said after you posted your warning.

Me, not doing any fighting whatsoever or even acknowledging the trolling.

Someone editing their post, then basically just posting a short story on how it sucks when people change from what they were when you first met them. Granted they should have edited out the first part all together.

Hardly the travesty it's being made out to be.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Hm, let's see what was said after you posted your warning.

Me, not doing any fighting whatsoever or even acknowledging the trolling.

Someone editing their post, then basically just posting a short story on how it sucks when people change from what they were when you first met them. Granted they should have edited out the first part all together.

Hardly the travesty it's being made out to be.
                    Did I say YOU did? No - I don't think so. The point was, it still wasn't being left alone, now was it?.

And FTR, I was posting the thread at the moment the other person was editing it. It was in unedited form when I shut it down, and their edited version posted a minute before I added mine and closed the thread.

And also FTR, I received a very graceful PM from McG about the entire situation and suffice it to say, she was not going to be heartbroken that it was shut down.

And again I say, I don't care WHO is right or wrong in this situation. The entire thread devolved into something ugly and there were MANY people to blame for that.
                    Last edited by Peppergirl; 11-07-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      And how is Lexia sticking up for a friend any different than anyone else coming to the member's defense in this thread, and in the original thread?

Greenday, you have admitted numerous times on this board that you very rarely visit CS, yet there you are, defending the honour of a maiden in distress.

Don't get me wrong.

I agree the thread veered sharply over the line by bringing up a situation that was irrelevant to what was being posted in that thread.

The thing is, the OP has made a habit of posting a lot of very personal details of her life and asked for advice in those areas. If someone is bringing up past history related to previous posts by the OP, and that's upsetting, again, I say, don't open the door if you don't want people stepping through on occasion.

What ticks me off is that someone should have reported that very first "off topic" post. They didn't. Not until others had come in and started playing defense.
                      Only one person reported the thread, and by that time, it was a mess to sort out. That was when the first warning was issued.

Still, there was bickering and sniping back and forth until the thread was closed AT THE REQUEST OF THE OP!!! Now it's continuing over here.

I realize this is fratching, and the rules are more relaxed, but this thread, in my opinion, is nothing but members attacking other members.

I fail to see how any type of constructive debate and discussion can come from this.

I'm closing it.
                      Move on and cut the nastiness folks.
                      Point to Ponder:

Comment

Working...
                      X