No announcement yet.

Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hate WalMart as a corporation, I can't find fault in this particular decision.

There are rules, and they were agreed to as part of the employment contract. If the employee had been smart as opposed to either just foolish or possibly trying to push an agenda, she would have asked first and/or had a backup shirt on hand.

I'm willing to bet that had it been brought up beforehand, she probably would have been granted permission to wear it. Not a certainty, of course, but certainly not the brouhaha that it's turned into.

I love how she got the media involved and now says she doesn't feel comfortable going back to work. Seriously, this seems like just a ploy for attention and maybe a handout.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The article says she was wearing the offending shirt UNDER her blue uniform. So technically, from what I am understanding that as, she WASN'T violating dress code.

Comment

If she was wearing it under her shirt, she had to be doing something to make it noticeable for management to notice it.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

You know, as much as I hate corporate bullshit, I'm going to have to join the crowd who says Walmart isn't wrong here. She wore a shirt, it violated the dress code, and they told her off. I mean, dress codes are kind of stupid, but it happens everywhere. The only thing that's special about this case is that it involves a shirt supporting the troops. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for our troops, but this woman is taking this way too personally. Some of the comments on the article are scary.

Comment

Having worked for the heck hole that is Walmart, I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns. In this case, if there is a certain dress policy, and the shirt violated it..does it really matter what the shirt was?

Yeah, they don't pay enough, have little or no benefits, and corporate has their heads so far up their behinds it is not funny..but in this..would need more information.

Comment

This is bad PR for WalMart and could have been easily avoided. Assuming the store was one where you could do the dollar casual day they could have made veterans day one with the proceeds going to some charity that helps veterans, hell, put collection jars at each cash register, that would be great PR, Walmart does a charity drive for veterans on veterans day... instead management decides to treat it just like every other day and enforce dress code. Where they right to do that, sure, it's their policy and htey can enforce it... was it necassarily the best business move... probably not.
              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
              X