Running Away And Getting Away With It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Away And Getting Away With It

I couldn't really think of a good title, this can also be a two or three for one thread. It's the thread I promised to make regarding my idiot coworker Drunken Victim.

First of all, I think it's pure fucking bullshit that someone can just walk off a job or call in saying they quit, and then just be allowed to come back consequence free when they have a second wind or beg enough.

Second of all, I hate how people get rewarded for making stupid decisions.

I am not perfect, and I understand sometimes people get overwhelmed, and for some people, the best solution is to take off and run away. That would be one thing if they didn't have a job or a child to lose in the process. The fact that people don't think and just make knee-jerk reactions, screw other people over, then are able to come back as if nothing happened just makes my blood boil.

Sure, a lot of times I get so upset with my bf or my family that I contemplate just sacrificing $50 and taking off without telling anyone on a Friday and getting a hotel room in another town and hiding out for a day or two. But I would never just up and quit my job because something wasn't going my way. I would understand if a normal person had some bad news and didn't think and went off for a day or so on the weekend. Or if someone called in to work and instead of saying they quit, just said they were having personal problems and needed a day or two off to think. No mentioning of leaving. Cover your fucking ass.

The twist to this thread is also people who CAUSE problems and the downhill slide of things, everything bad that happens to them is their own doing and their own bad decisions, and they can't handle it, so that's WHY they run away and then realize what they've done.

Drunken Victim has caused everything wrong in his life to happen to him. It was a matter of time before his girlfriend took their kid and ran off on him. Because of his out of control drinking (living outside of his means) and all of these loans he's had to take out just to pay the bills, because his gf refused to work or get a full time job and he just continued to support her anyway and "punished" her by cheating on her, he got in way over his head, and when it all snapped and ended badly, he just ran off back home and quit his job. It wasn't until several people on FB reminded him that the courts would see it as child abandonment that he just took off like that and wasn't willing to fight that he started to reconsider, and even though for a few hours he was trolling on FB that he'd be able to find a new job within days living back at home (hahahahaha, let me just laugh a second here.....hahahaha) he finally realized oh no, maybe I can't......so he calls back pleading for his job back and they said he can have it back!

This is probably just one big dumb rant and I'm sorry if it makes no sense, and I'm sure some people are ready to pounce on me about never being in this situation before and I'll bet there's even a few who can't wait to say "Well, if I had a lot of problems, you can bet I wouldn't care about my job and my coworkers until I got things fixed at home!" and that's fine. I don't really care.

I don't care about him not being there or the loss of a "body" at work. I am upset that now, just in the past year at work, two people have been able to either walk out or call in saying that they quit, and could just come back as if NOTHING HAPPENED.

I understand how you feel Blas, and I'm not going to jump on you and say you're wrong for feeling this way.

DV and others like him, need a wake up call. Being able to screw people over and then get a million re-dos is not going to make them well-liked. As a matter of fact, his co-workers will resent him, and he'll just go off and quit his job again. And then he'll be able to get his job back.

He could have gone back to his Mommy & Daddy's house and fought for his kid from there. He did not have to return. If Mommy & Daddy were willing to help him, that is.

As I haven't had any caffeine yet, I'm going to stop my post here. (Or I'd be rambling. )
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Oh no, Rum, I understand you perfectly fine un-caffeinated

He did right off the bat go back to Mommy and step daddy......we were all figuring that they'd bail him out by paying off his loans and whatnot because even if you have physically ran away or taken off, you can't just forget your bills or rent....you will be found. But then yesterday or the day before he was whining about how big of a prick his stepdad is (and I'm sure it's because his stepdad probably hates him being a deadbeat). Either way, he's back here and not leaving. I was kind of upset at the thought of his parents bailing him out, though, because he doesn't need any more ass wiping or coddling. He's a deadbeat father, an alcoholic, and it's about time he hits rock bottom and learns to fix his own problems.

And everything you said makes perfect sense. Resentment is going to be a big keyword in the future with him. Not many people get a chance for a do-over after making such a huge mistake and rash decision, but people like him and Mo (the person who walked out a little over a year ago and was able to come back the next day) seem to always get chance after chance, when they should have been sent off long ago.

I didn't put this in before, but it was on CS.....before this last episode of his, his last one was that he got huffy and puffy about not making enough money (it can't be because of his drinking problem, it's because this factory doesn't pay enough obviously *eyeroll*) so some of his drinking buddies told him about a couple of job opportunites.....one of which didn't exist and the other wasn't at ALL what he was told it would be like.....and despite being warned by just about everyone at work not to, he flapped his gums prematurely and told the shift lead that he had a new job offer and he would start right away the next week and couldn't give proper notice! Then, of course, the next night, he came back and told everyone that that wasn't going to happen.

Drama kings like him don't even deserve second or third or fourth chances. Everything is about them, they pout and whine for attention, they troll people for sympathy or "advice" that they refuse to take or listen to, everything is always someone else's fault, they are never wrong......oh, and I think I forgot this one too, but the epic breakup and his gf taking away the kid was because his gf found out from a friend that DV had been cheating again. Of course, that wasn't his fault, it was the friend's fault for opening up her "stupid whore mouth" and "getting into my business".
      Last edited by blas87; 11-27-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Of course nothing is his fault. But then again, I'm sure his mommy & step-daddy were bailing him out before. Do you think the reason DV is calling his step-daddy a prick now is because step-daddy has finally put his foot down (or at least tried and was over-ruled by mommy)?

The guy sounds like a real "winner". (Whiner is more like it ).

He blames everything on everyone else & can't see it's his fault. I'm sure karma is building a huge case against him and then everything will fall out all over him and he can't get away.

Is he even trying to get his gf or baby back? Or is he just doing his "woe is me. My gf left me. Some stupid whore talked about me behind my back and now I have nothing" schtick?

I'm sorry you have to put up with him.
        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          I am upset that now, just in the past year at work, two people have been able to either walk out or call in saying that they quit, and could just come back as if NOTHING HAPPENED.
          I guess your workplace is desperate for the skilled labour these people provide? Is there a lot of training involved?

I'm assuming your company finds it cheaper to re-hire a flaky person who may quit on them suddenly than hire a newbie and train them from scratch - and who may STILL end up quitting suddenly.

Don't take it personally. It's all economics.

Comment

kinda been there done that with my Ex. her on/off spending problems got us into the hole more than once (even when I was out of work and collecting unemployment bennies)

after we split her "BF" complained to me she still like to spend money over and above their income. they both got addicted to the pay-day loan thing and got in WAY over their heads and last I heard they were forced to attempt bankrupcy.

YUP be carefull of what you wish for you just might get it. she got away from me and it did not help.
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I understand Boozy, but it's still not fair. It essentially makes him the boss, the puppeteer, because he can pull all the strings just because they don't want to hire someone else. Which doesn't make much sense anyway, his attendance record is beyond horrible and it's just the same as hiring a temp. He calls in at a rate of at least once every couple to few weeks. He can't go a month without calling in sick (oops, hungover).

And if by skilled labor you mean can successfully press buttons and run a machine, and stand around for hours with a giant pout on his face waiting for someone to oblige or indulge him so he can whine, then yes, that's skilled labor.

Oh yes, kids, now he's whining about being sick again.....and whining about having to go to work sick because if he doesn't, he won't have his job because he has to come back tonight to keep his job.

I go back to last Wednesday where I contemplated bashing my head against a wall until there's nothing left but mush.
              Last edited by blas87; 11-29-2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Well, a new week started and we got some stuff cleared up.

He never actually said that he quit, he told the boss that he did pack everything up and go back home out of state and he didn't know what was going to happen, this is where he later found out that IF he came back last night, he'd have his job back.

So last night, he calls in sick.

He called again to see if he could come back, and he was told he'd be given at least a verbal warning, if not a written one.

And of course, he's whining about that, because it wasn't his fault that he was so sick and there was no way he could come in, he'd only started feeling sick just a while before the shift would have started.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  And of course, he's whining about that, because it wasn't his fault that he was so sick and there was no way he could come in, he'd only started feeling sick just a while before the shift would have started.
                  And of course he'll be just fine to hit the bars later this evening. What was his sickness? A hangover? BTW, where does DV get the funds to go out drinking?

Comment

He ate some bad food because he didn't know most of the food at his place was expired....of course, that was his gf's fault because she didn't throw it away.

And I have heard from coworkers who sometimes go to that bar after work or on the weekends that the owners of the bar totally enable him and have fed him shots and free beers and he has a lot of bar buddies that buy him drinks. So he's kind of like a cute girl, never has to really pay for his own drinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X