to suffer to get what is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to suffer to get what is needed

background: to get assistance for my daughter from the state I have to once again prove she is allergic to Dairy. (apparently there IS a difference between lactose intolerance and milk allergies. ok whatever) The powers that be that are WIC end background

So the whole issue with those first few days of her being born and literally puking all over herself and the poor nurse that was holding her the regular formula not once but twice before soy formula was tried, the fact it turned her RED (well as red as one can get for being a newborn) and that she could not eat for a while because of the reaction wasn't enough the first time.

I understand that there is a process and everyone must adhere to the rules but what part of this went missing from their files? Where did they not have it that she is on soy formula for a reason? I really don't think this is something she will grow out of either. I also understand that some kids do and its a process that must go through again but, seriously. When I give my child four ounces of lactaid just to see if it will stay and to have her throw it all up, turn bright red again have what appear to be baby hives ALL OVER her body worse than I ever saw her screaming in pain because it hurts to even hold her is enough. It went away in an hour but then spread to her limbs which began to swell, and the back of her neck, by then we were on our way to the ER.
    Not four hours later she is doped (liquid benadril and steroids to help the allergic reaction and to flush it out of her system) and a sleeping child later we are released. All is well. But I am still angry and furious and hurt for my child. I shouldn't have had to go through this and I still blame myself because I didn't have to give this to her.

I didn't have to cause her suffering I could have just said no and gone to the doctor. But no I had to try and hope that it would working knowing in the back of my mind that this would happen. No I had to be stupid and put her through this. I am more angry with myself than with WIC because I should have had the sense to just go straight to the dr instead of make her go through this. I could be an awesome mom, which would mean nothing since I did this to her. In her mind its all over with and life is great grand and wonderful, but in my mind I'm stuck over the moment I didn't think and why did I screw up again...just like the first accident....its my fault.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Not going to argue about going through all that crap. Losing documents saying she's allergic is stupid.

Though there is a big difference between lactose intolerance and an allergy to lactose.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Don't blame yourself. You were trying to be a responsible citizen. Now you know next time to just go to the doctor. >pat pat<

I often say the glory of infancy and toddlerhood is that you will not remember the terrible things your inexperienced parents did to you.

Comment

oh but i DO remember ana....NOT. hah

Today she got five shots so we (daughter) is quiet miserable. And at the end of the day her dr's office was nice enough to get it all cleared and fax the needed info to the WIC office, hopefully they get it in time or at least process it the next morning as I have to go there tomorrow anyways.

Milk allergy since she doesn't have issues with processing it through her digestive system, her body has an issue with it. It just causes some constipation for the next 24 hours. Her parents have lactose issues as I can safely drink lactaid without problems.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        Losing documents saying she's allergic is stupid.
        I think it was that its the year mark and they have to redo/reup whatever the term is per year what DD gets until she is 5. So any previous issues or allergies unless still current are put on hold or not updated unless informed. Some kids do outgrow it I suppose. As an example I was allergic to eggs, now I can eat them without problem. I just don't think she will out grow this reaction, it will just become less or more severe.
        Last edited by LexiaFira; 11-29-2010, 10:30 PM.
        Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
        Yeah we're so over, over
        Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
        X