La di da di dum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La di da di dum

I enjoy being a vast wealth of useless trivia. I have a good selection of music and movie trivia in my head. You want to know what's that song Ozzy did with Lenny Kravitz? What's the movie where Tom Cruise loses his face? What's that TV show with the two brothers who go demon hunting? And what else was that guy in he looks so familiar.

Yeah, I can help you, and I'd love to because it makes me feel smart.

I really hate when someone is like "Hey, can you help me look up this TV show? It's got ummm...that guy from that movie, you know, where he kills those people? And then ummm, it's got that theme song that sounds kinda like that other show with those guys who do that thing. Oh come on, I'm sure you know it! It's got that guy in from that other movie. You know, that one I gave you back in 1996. It's about these guys...and they go to this place, and then they found something, and then it turns out to be not the thing they wanted...yeah, sure, you must know it!"

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
    What's the movie where Tom Cruise loses his face?
    What is that movie called?

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
      I think it's Vanilla Sky.....at least in that one his face ends up REALLY deformed. It's a great film though!

ETA: I just want to say when you are trying to name a movie or an actor and don't have a hell of a lot to go on IMDB.com is a great source cause everything is cross linked and you WILL find out the info sooner or later.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post

Dude, Where's My Face?

Mike
        If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
          I think it's Vanilla Sky.....at least in that one his face ends up REALLY deformed. It's a great film though!

ETA: I just want to say when you are trying to name a movie or an actor and don't have a hell of a lot to go on IMDB.com is a great source cause everything is cross linked and you WILL find out the info sooner or later.
          Yeah, but I really hate searching for stuff with vague outlines like that. Just give me something, ANYTHING, like an actor's name, or something I can trace, and I'll find it, but if you tell me "Hey, what's that movie where there's a nuclear war coming and they all try to stop it?" If I really put my time into it I could come up with a few dozen names for you, but it's a major pain in the ass. If you tell me "what's that movie with anthony edwards where there's a nuclear war?" then we've got a little bit better luck. If you point out that he had hair in it, it makes it even easier.

Comment

Working...
          X