No announcement yet.

Macho conservative assholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few from FSTDT. Way more extreme, but a much better example than Sykes.

Mr. Rogers gave aid and comfort to homosexuals. He was a man who preached tolerance of all sorts of people in ways that directly contradicted the Bible. His syrupy teachings led millions astray. He was a wuss and he was an enabler of wusses.
    http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=30706

As I discuss the topic of masculinity more and more with women, it becomes apparent that a large number of women quite frankly want feminine men (Or women with male parts - however you want to look at it). They just want men to be "good boys;" the next Mr. Rogers. Half of them hoping for a man uninterested in sex, or at least as little interested as she is. If men were lions, these women would clip their claws, inject them with estrogen, and put them on a leash.

Why are so many women interested in feminine men? Could it be that such a man harbors everything she wants: a woman companion but with male parts? I'm sorry, but a man who likes to knit sweaters, wear pink, watch sappy movies all day long, paints his toenails, carries a purse, likes fluffy animals and hates action movies... the guy is a mere shadow of a man. I'm sorry, ladies, but there is more to being a man than having a rod. If that's all you crave from a man, you really don't desire a man at all.

Tell me, ladies, what do you desire in a man? Is there anything masculine at all or is the only reason you're choosing to date a man over a woman because of the y chromosome they carry and the biblical commands that follow? It's sad indeed to see so many women craving feminine men. I suspect at this rate, most men will be feminine some time in the future, and people will ask themselves, "Where have all the real men gone?" I'll then spit in my grave in response: you asked them to be women.
    http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=10105

Their Jesus is a weak, pacifistic, lamb-holding wuss, the prototype Mister Rogers who preached nothing but love and peace and acceptance and tolerance (which leads one to wonder how He got Himself cruficied). Their God is a George Burns lookalike who would never condemn anyone to hell, and Who will allow everyone into heaven, even those who have spent their lives denying Him, loathing Him, defying Him and spitting in His face.
    http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=8819

These are the more obvious and extreme examples of macho conservatives (or just really good trolls).

1. Hate the idea of tolerence or acceptance of anyone different.
    2. See compassion and kindness as a weakness, but being a hardass dickhead makes one a man.
    3. Hate anyone who goes outside their gender roles.
    4. Be against human rights.
    5. Use words like wuss, wimps, faggots, or any baby words to describe those who they think are weak.

Those are just a few things that bug me about those people.

Now, I can't say Sykes completely falls into this, but I will say that his kind of thinking bugs me for similar reasons. He mocks the idea of self esteem and even refers to some kids as "wimps on the playground". Now, you can say he's speaking out against strawman bad parents who spoil their children, but YMMV on what amounts to "spoiled". He may not be a stereotypical macho tough guy, but his hardass philosophy on life is a bit macho in it's own way.

Comment

Sounds like the Questionable Cause fallacy to me...
      "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
      -- OMM 0000

Comment

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
        Sounds like the Questionable Cause fallacy to me...
        Ditto. As said before, this is almost identical to George Carlin's routine, which was considerably less about politics and a lot more about an application of basic common sense. Now if you wanted to talk about macho conservative assholes, there's no real shortage of reference points, the most recent being the GoP's delaying of the 9/11 responders bill so they can filibuster it. This list however, I could see it coming from anyone that is not so politically polarized that they only see red or blue.

Comment

Working...
        X