More Annoying Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Annoying Commercials

This is totally random and not really something to get that upset over, but the guy is such a douchebag I just want to punch him. I think it's because he looks a lot like my ex roommate (even though he's animated).

It's that commercial for the Windows Phone or some other fancy cell phone that can also be like a Nintendo DS, and the guy is saying "And my girlfriend can't tell I'm playing my video games" and his girlfriend says "I can totally tell you're playing your video games. You're an avatar, you're wearing a gold chain and a fedora."

He looks like a freaking douchebag. I just want to punch him in the face, especially when he starts singing "I'm gonna do my sexy thing, yeah yeah!"

Yeah, totally random. I just hate that commercial.

got a new batch of adverts from that guy with the glasses, sadly each damn video starts with the same car one 9/10
    also found marvel comics official youtube and watched all episodes of Xmen evolution (hey I'm on break I can veg for a few hours (days really)) and each adver grates esp the mid episode ones, got to admit though I do love the moreth>n freeman adverts just cos he sounds so good as a shitty Morgan Freeman impersonator

Although I do hate the voice of whomever is on the L'Oreil hair colour advert, Might be Cheril Tweedy (Cole) from Girls Aloud, one thing I don't miss from Living oop norf, the accents some of the women have. Over dub her with Pam Ayres and I'll listen to every word she says

Pam Ayres has a sexy voice, but afaik has never looked sexy and at 70-80 now definatly isnt

Comment

Beyonce Knowles is L'oreal's biggest spokeswoman right now, mostly for the line of Feria hair color. Although Milla Jovovich, Eva Longoria and a couple of other female celebs also are spokeswomen for their makeup.

Comment

This is a Mancunian or faint Scouse accent, so I'm guessing L'oreal adverts are going to be localised

Comment

I'm not a big fan of commercials, ever, but there is one that runs locally that I think shouldn't be considered appropriate by any radio station.

It's an ad for some ambulance-chaser (as opposed to a decent lawyer) that specializes in getting people out of DUI charges. I want to wipe the slime off my speakers every time I hear it. Not that it gets past long enough for me to recognize it, as I will immediately turn the radio off.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can honestly say if I heard that commercial, that radio wouldn't work anymore.

You've got to be a real slimeball excuse for an attorney if you want to make money by specializing in getting people out of DUIs.

Comment

Since I started listening to a sports talk station in the mornings, I can say I have hearing the most annoying commercials. They are driving me nuts. Since it is sports and women don't listen to sports /sarcasm, it is mostly commercials geared towards men. Divorce lawyers for Men is the worst.

Only good thing is they tend to play the commercials in one huge block so I turn my CD on and wait 10 minutes.

Comment

Most local ads are really annoying anyway because it's cheap to make them. The only commercial I find myself panicking to change the station for are those stupid "Live United" commercials. So you have a lot of free time to devote to reading to kids or giving food to the needy. Aren't you great. Shut up.

The ones on AM radio are even worse, even cheaper, even more scripted and fake sounding. I like to listen to Laura Ingraham on my way home, but I can't even be patient during commercials. I can't listen to the cheap local commercials.

Comment

Ooh, yeah, the "aimed at men" commercials seem to be particularly patronizing, somehow.

Of the couples, all of the women are either smugly superior or controlling shrews, and the men are either completely pussy whipped schmucks or sneaky gits who have to lie to their spouses to get what they want. Jack In the Box appears to be the only commercial campaign in the last decade that has people with a healthy relationship.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've seen that commercial and had a similar reaction.

Since it's past Christmas, I haven't been too annoyed with commercials lately, but one that gets me are those window 7 phone ones. "A phone to save us from phones". WTF is that supposed to mean?!

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    Ooh, yeah, the "aimed at men" commercials seem to be particularly patronizing, somehow.

Of the couples, all of the women are either smugly superior or controlling shrews, and the men are either completely pussy whipped schmucks or sneaky gits who have to lie to their spouses to get what they want. Jack In the Box appears to be the only commercial campaign in the last decade that has people with a healthy relationship.

^-.-^
                    Yeah, men are always such morons in commercials. Either that, or they have a bitchy wife or girlfriend that "keeps them in line". I remember one car commercial where this guy ran into an old friend at the car lot and his bitch wife answered "no" for him. And he just complied. Yet I know that if it were reserved, this wouldn't be such a "cute and funny" commercial.

Comment

has noticed that if not on regular tv, but cable and or satellite the show is either normal volume or you have to turn it up some and the commercials are louder than the show. Not by a few volume bars but noticeably so

That and more frequent. Such as 5 or ten minutes of show, 2 minute commercial break. 10 minutes of show, break. Etc. MTV i have noticed is notorious for this. Or at least it feels like there are more commercial breaks than there is actual show time. Where it boils down to 20 minutes of show 10 of commercials.

Makes me want to watch it on youtube if they didn't push the adverts so much, better yet tivo or streaming.
                      Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
                      Yeah we're so over, over
                      Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

My biggesat annoyance in TV and Radio commercials, (although I don't listen to radio anymore) has to do with sound effects and other audio. I think it goes back when there was a local guy on radio, and his Talk/Comedy Show, and other local and national Shows that I'd listen to, on a radio headset on my bus commute.

I'd tend to keep the volume a bit higher than I would for music radio, in order not to miss what's being said if the person's voice drops down in volume as they are speaking.

I would try to roll the volume back when I knew a commercial was on the way, but if I was walking, and had my hands full, or at least the one on the same side as the volume knob, I might get caught off guard all of a sudden, with the commercial blasting in my ears.

I don't tolerate high-pitched, shrill very well. So commercials with a shrill, obnoxious ringing phone SFX, would damn near make me jump out of my skin. I think that I associate phones with stress, and GOTTAANSWERITNOW!!!, added to my hatred of commercials using phone rings.

One of my latest most hated TV commercials is something like four guys in a car, all fiddling with their Smart Phones, (except the driver). One of the dudes let's out this loud, obnoxious screech (laugh?) that makes me want to kill him, and whomever thought up the ad, and everyone that approved it.

Another one that aired during the Holiday Season, and ran the year before as well, was the REI one where the group of climbers has reached the Summit, and are enjoying the incredible view. This one chick, and I believe others, are smearing peanut butter on bread slices, taknig a bite, and satiating their hunger. The chick starts making "Mmmmfffff.......mmmmmmfffffff" noises, and, with her mouth full, says something like "Mmmmmffffff dis iv rilly goodf"

I hate unecessary eating noises, and talking when one's mouth is full. I realize it's impossible to be totally silent when eating potato chips and such, and take that into consideration in real life situations, but despise it when intentional.

Another, actually two or three commercials that aired on TV in my area during the last year; Comcast/Xfinity with the "Let'sGoLet'sGoLet'sGo!" guy. I've always been a bit hyper myself, but hate being pushed/rushed. Much like what all of us have had to deal with at work, with Customers and Co-Irkers that are in a hurry, and push us. I'd hear that, and feel like I should be jumping up and rushing somewhere, then realize it was him, and want to kill him, and, etc.

So, yeah, if there's enough of a warning in these commercials, once I get used to them and can grab the remote (have one at the computer desk, another on the table next to the old fart's chair), I'll mute the damn thing if I can, before the annoying part hits!

Mike
                        If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Where do I begin with commercials? Don't think I have seen one that is decent in a long time. I record my shows and fast forward through the commercials. Some of them are just down right 'huh'? Half the time I have no idea what the product is they are trying to sell. Not worth my time..I'll never get that 30 seconds or a minute back.

Comment

Advert breaks, just long enough to make a cuppa

Well in the UK anyway's, its mostly adverts, start the show, adverts half way through the show (1/2 hour show) adverts after the show.
                            When the BBC takes up a show they don't have adverts interupting, so you can sometimes see the fade to black for adverts come up quite often. It also made 24 a 45minute long show also.
                            dunno about other countries, perhaps you have long enough to do something else, like go to the loo or make a cuppa, or they might be so frequent that you only get one or two adverts at a time.
                            Last edited by Ginger Tea; 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I've actually thought of dumping my cable TV service...simply because of the damn commercials. I understand that selling ad time is what pays for TV. However, I think they're going overboard. Lately, it seems that most of any half-hour time slot is filled with commercials, leaving about 10 minutes for the actual show.

Comment

Working...
                              X