Just drive already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just drive already!

I've only recently got in from town, only had one drink and nursed it for a while as I didn't like the taste.
    I got a lift there and back from 'Captain Dickhead', whom I could write a book about his stupidity. I did ask him once, point blank if he was retarded and he said no, that scared me even more.

I wont go into too much back story, suffice to say tonight after dropping me off accross the road from my house, he didn't have the brains to just hightail it away and drop me off down the road and hope I got back without incident.

OK, I'm just about to open the door and there is a guy peering into the window.
    Great a drunk, just what I need. Instead of just bumming a fag of us (neither of us smoke) he was after a lift to a pub less than 5 minutes away by car.
    "I'm not going that way." says he, which is true, he was going to go back to town and hand out flyers for an event hes running.
    "you could drop me off."
    "I'm not going that way."
    rinse and repeat.

Now as hes drunk and probably just come from my local where the woman in the attic works, I'm not too keen on stepping out of the car and into a possible altercation which might involve her and her boyfriend, the last thing any barstaff need is drunks knowing where they live. I also didn't want this drunk knowing where I lived.

Here is me sat in this car, not willing or able to get out and them looping the same conversation for what seems like five minutes, him getting agitated and me going to get whatever happens happen to and not my idiot aquantance, I refuse to use the word friend with him.
    "just drive." I'm thinking, trying not to make eye contact with the drunk outside, were still here going no where "Just drive" I'm thinking again over and over, I want to say it, to shout it, but if I do will he react quicker than this other guy could in smashing the window?
    In the end he walks off and I still don't want to get out till I know he can't see which house I enter and Dickhead wants to continue the conversation I was all but done with when I was about to originally get out.
    The Fuck?!?
    I ask him why he just didn't floor it and drop me off further up the road so I could hope to be unobserved going home, long matted ginger hair and a scraggly beard kinda stands out, so if he saw me, unless he was too pissed to really look at me, he would know its me.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't petrified and shaking in my seat, I just didn't see a reason to get myself in a situation where getting out of a car could lead to me being assaulted or have my front door kicked in by this guy, what I'm pissed about is Dickheads total inaction in what could have been an ugly situation.
Working...
X