Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who steal puppies, and WTF security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who steal puppies, and WTF security?

This has to do with two issues. Quick background: Some good friends of ours volunteer for a very well run animal rescue and adoption agency. The agency had an adoption event yesterday that was sponsored by and held in a mall. A puppy was stolen during the adoption event.

1) Who the hell would steal a puppy? They're pretty sure it was a group of teens/young adults who were acting suspiciously; a couple of them were asking a bunch of questions and talking to the volunteers to act as a distraction while a couple of others grabbed the pup and took off. What are they planning on doing with the pup? Do they want it and they just didn't want to pay the "expensive" adoption fee? Are they planning on selling it? I don't understand people sometimes.

2) The theft was reported to the mall security and the police. Mall security told the adoption group that there are security cameras located throughout the mall, and at every entrance/exit, but that the tapes can't be accessed without a manager's permission, and there wouldn't be a manager available until Monday. (this happened on a Saturday)

Uh, excuse me? No manager on site on the weekends? What kind of B.S. is that? And seriously, this doesn't constitute enough of an emergency to call a manager at home? I find it really hard to believe that even if they don't have a manager present, that someone isn't on call in case of emergencies (what if the building caught on fire or something?) Apparently animals being stolen off their property isn't enough to interrupt their weekend, though.

I find this very hard to believe. (The tale you were told, not the one you're telling!)
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

People stealing pets is more common then you think.

Here is a vid of a mommy and daddy distracting the clerk so the children can steal a pet.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/family-steals...-50014326.html
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Yes, it's the business about nobody being able to check the video on weekends that's fishy.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I totally believe it. Not really that much related to puppies, but it's not excusable in the least bit, but security used to pull that shit with us before the smoking ban, if you found your car damaged after work, security would claim they had no footage or no one saw anything.

Comment

It's bad enough that they only allow management to do something so simple as access security camera's, but they don't even have the management available when you need them! What the hell?!-

Comment

Working...
            X