Curiosity and Boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity and Boundaries

So my 2 year old little girl has discovered there's a difference between boys and girls. She's especially curious as to what might be different between, say, her and her Daddy. As in, me.

I feel rather disturbed about it, and I only hope it's because I was raised to be fairly shy and modest, and in fact all this is completely normal.

But she keeps trying to....GRAB...me...she's always running up behind me or something just trying to find out exactly what's what down there. I tell her no, but she just laughs and keeps trying.

Please someone tell me this is completely normal and I have nothing to worry about. It's just healthy curiosity, right?

Yeah, it's perfectly normal.

It's only when they become obsess with it and their own do you need to worry.

Though at her age, I doubt anything has happened to cause her to become obsess.

She's only two. They're called the terrible twos for a reason.
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Relax. She is only doing this out of curiousity. Its perfectly normal for toddlers to be curious about why there is a difference between boys and girls.

It is NOT a sexual thing as 2 year olds know nothing about sex in the first place.
      If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Perfectly normal.

My (now 5 year old) boy went through sort of the same thing. He discovered his "tail" at right around the same age, and in the bath would want to look at/grab mine.

He grew out of it. I didn't make a big deal out of it.

At that age, they're still just learning the basics of the world.

Comment

Oh, and it is also perfectly normal to feel uncomfortable about it, regardless of if you were "raised to be shy" or not.

You have nothing to feel bad about.

Comment

Working...
          X