X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Fuckin snow again!

Just when we finally get warm weather and the snow is almost all gone, god damn cold front moves in and we get almost a foot of snow. I think this is even worse than the blizzard they were hyping up because the roads are the worst I've ever seen. I heard the freeway was all snowed up (yet people were still on it) and just going to the store that's within walking distance from my house was a nightmare.

I used to like snow when I was a kid, but now? It's just a pain. I hate the cold weather, I hate the ice, I hate scraping snow off my car, and worst of all, I. Hate. Driving. In. The. Snow.

Winter sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    We had some freezing rain, but aside from that, we got off easy. Only about a foot of snow (not even) and this is counting a few inches that was already on the ground from a previous snow. Still a pretty big snow, but didn't live up to the hype (fortunately).

At least my School was smart enough to cancel for a day.

Leave a comment:

• Boozy
    replied
    SNOWMAGGEDON!

Okay, not so much.

We got less than a foot, and they had been calling for twice that. The annoying part was that they had called for it overnight last night. The city woke up this morning, realized it wasn't too bad, and we all drove to work. Then all the snow hits this afternoon, and the commute home was hell.

My husband wouldn't have bothered driving into the office today if he'd known how dangerous the drive home was going to be.

Leave a comment:

• guywithashovel
    replied
    Here in Central Ohio, we got hit with a big storm, the same one that hit Wisconsin, I believe. It hit us in two waves, and both times, it gave us ice. We had an ice storm the night before last, and then we had another one last night. Thousands of people throughout the region are without power. We lost our power at around 7:00 last night, and it didn't come back on until 12:30 pm today. I was glad. The house was getting pretty da gone cold.

I went to work yesterday, but didn't stay long. The director told me I could leave if I wanted. I took today off. I'll be going back tomorrow.

We're supposed to get some more snow this weekend, but they aren't saying how much yet.

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    Fiance made it to work. The side streets are still snowpacked, but the wind actually helped move some of the 10-12" we got off the roads and into huge drifts. The biggest problem right now is the cold...only 4 degrees right now. But there's a sunny, clear sky, so I'm going to go out and clean my car off before I go bonkers in this apartment.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    We've missed the snow/blizzard thankfully (this time). Just have a sheet of ice on everything. We've had snow, but it's been spaced out enough that it hasn't really gotten too piled up.

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    My university, which rarely closes and even has a page on their website bragging about how rarely they close, has already closed for tomorrow. I don't have class on Thursday, so I don't have to get out until Friday!! Hopefully they'll have things cleaned up a bit by then.

Honestly, I think the school closed at the behest of the highway and police departments, not because they wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Greenday
    replied
    Ugh, this 50-60F weather is killing me. I hate walking around in t-shirt and jeans comfortably.

Actually, it amazes me how many people are walking around in winter jackets and such. You'd think it was cold or something. Most I've needed is a hoodie.

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    They *finally* closed down my school. Since the city has basically said, "No way the streets will be plowed by tomorrow" hopefully we'll be out tomorrow as well. Every K-12 school, daycare, most government agencies, the State freakin' Legislature, and university in the area shut down last night. My school? Still waited until this morning. *headdesk* The only places open that I know of are City Hall (WTF? I feel bad for them.) and the hospital. Which apparently spent most of the day yesterday treating concussions, breaks, and sprains from people slipping on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    Just got a letter from management about the weather. Long story short "We must maintain coverage at every site". IE we can not call off regardless how bad it gets. Of course, they claim that if we are in an accident, get a ticket, etc to or from work they will pay for everything, but for some reason I have my doubts about that.

Don't have a clue how bad, or if we are going to get anything at all, it is going to be. Though everything might miss us. Regardless, not near as bad as some have it.
    Last edited by Mytical; 02-01-2011, 04:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    We've officially got a blizzard warning. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/ja...r-storm-watch/

10-14 inches.

It's been freezing rain all day and will start snowing a bit tonight. It won't get bad until tomorrow morning. Which means that the geniuses at my school probably won't cancel. Then, when it gets really bad and dangerous, they'll send everyone home early.

Oh, and Fiance's job said they would have an "inclement weather dress code" tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    It continues to be reports like these that re-reinforce my decision to keep living in a coastal desert.

Good luck to those of you stuck in your frozen tundras. May your pipes not freeze, and your heat not go out.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    replied
    and the snow is already starting.....I did call work and ask if they had any kind of "inclement weather policy", apparently it is "whoever can make it, show up, whoever can't call in, and if Zeke can get to you-he'll bring you in" Apparently Zeke has a 4WD SUV and knows how to drive it safely, and knows when it's not safe to even attempt.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Holy hell!! 18-24 inches in Wisconsin?! And I got a total of 10-15 coming my way! And that's in addition to all the snow we already have!!!

All I have to say is they better cancel classes those days cause I can't think of any better time to cancel. And I ain't going if it means driving through a foot of snow. It ain't happening.

Leave a comment:

• blas87
    replied
    We're only forecasted to get about 6 inches (advisory went into effect at midnight this morning) and the snow is supposed to stop tomorrow morning.

After the 22 inches that crippled the entire damn city back in December, and the non-stop inch here inch there inch here two inches here half inch here every other fucking day this January (not to mention snow EVERY Friday since December), I am so fucking tired of this shit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X