Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticketmaster

*Please note, this will be rambling and not make much sense*

I hate Ticketmaster so much right now!!!!!

So the MLS (soccer, football to the rest of the world) is just about to start so there are some preseason games. Seattle Sounders are having a week thing where the Portland team and the Vancouver team comes to Seattle to play some games. Now mind you soccer is HUGE in Seattle. Hubby and I are season ticket holders. Really want to see the team since we need our soccer fix. On a daily basis, we ask each other is it March yet. Now it should be noted that this is not going to be at Qwest (their normal home field where we have 35k in season ticket holders) but Starfire, their smaller training field. This place holds about 5k on a good day, and they are giving a 1/3 or so to the visiting teams.

Tickets go on sale this morning at 10. You could get single game tickets or a lovely cheaper 2 pack. Go to the site, why in the hell isn't the 2 game pack on sale. grumble grumble hit refresh a lot. Get on the phone, get hung up on once after almost 10 minutes. *start swearing* Their automated phone system SUCKS.

Oh look the twitter feed for Sounders FC says ticketmaster are having problems and they will get it fixed. This was about 10:30. so I am refreshing and looking at the single game tickets. Don't want to spend double on the tickets but there will be crying and swearing if we don't go.

After two more calls where i get hung up on, after 10 minutes or more, I say screw it going to get single game tickets. Lovely why can't I get the Portland tickets, DAMMIT ELS SMASH. So I get the Vancouver tickets. Keep trying on the Portland tickets, waited a little bit and was able to get the dang tickets. Happy camper now.

SO HATE TICKETMASTER. And it isn't like we aren't going to go. Love soccer and the sounders so we are going. Why in the hell isn't Ticketmaster a monoply.

Thank you for ready Els's soccer rage. We return you to your regularly schedule day.

Here is a link to one story about the mess. Looks like Vancouver is getting screwed more then we are
    http://www.prostamerika.com/2011/02/...tickets-36106/

*goes off smashing stuff*
    Last edited by Elspeth; 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM.

I despise Ticketmaster with a passion that should be reserved for more productive endeavors.

When you live in a world where you cannot buy tickets at the venue, and they figure out a way to charge a fee for selling you the tickets (that you are legally prevented from selling for more than the face price), even if you try to buy them in person and with cash.

Bastards.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X