No announcement yet.

Being Hovered Over At Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best I can offer is that you have to cultivate a sense of just not caring who's there.

Work is work, and you focus on the work and not the people. 'Cause most of the time, the people who get your attention aren't actually worth it.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by PepperElf View Post
      tho... it does make me wonder... are they trying to create excuses to terminate you or something?
      That's exactly what The Jerk did. Since I was better than him at what I was hired for, that somehow meant I was "insubordinate".
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

My boss also hovers, drives me crazy. She has also repeatedly (on every single one of my reviews over the last eight years) told me I'm her best worker, highest stats, please oh please don't go anywhere. And she constantly asks me to do/ show her things that are aspects of her job.

Yet she feels the need to practically breathe down my neck all day long. While right beside me, my slacker coworker is barking like a loon over something on icanhazcheezburger.com instead of doing their job.

That is all changing, however. Since the massive lay-off I have gotten a job in another department. I have talked to my new boss. He's not even in the office save but one day a week (he oversees all these positions all over the state) I have no direct coworkers in the entire building, and he told me flat out he hates 'hoverers and micromanagers'. He said pretty much what was just said here: You're an adult. You're good at your job or I wouldn't have hired you. I either trust you to do your job, or I don't. If I don't, I wouldn't have hired you. If you don't do your job, then I fire you and hire someone else that will do it. Hovering wastes my time and yours."

I think I'm really gonna like him

Comment

Working...
        X