"Choke a Bitch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Choke a Bitch"

I've mentioned this over at cs I think but... this part of it is more of fratching material really.

On my last ship one of my coworkers (I'll call him "Dillon") ... well he got fucking stupid in my opinion. At some point in his relationship he tried to choke his girlfriend - also on the same ship - in anger (I'll call her "Susan").

I'm not entirely sure when it happened, but from the talk in the workshop I think it happened more than once, although it hasn't happened "recently" - as in it hadn't happened during the deployment.

Still it happened. And, even though she didn't press charges against him right away, during the deployment something happened that convinced her "enough is enough" and she told her father.

Her father was a Master Chief and he was horrified and contacted the chain of command... so Dillon ended up being put in the brig for prosecution.

There's a possibility that Dillon wanted her to turn him in, at least that's what he told me when I visited him in the brig. (Mandatory visit - I got picked cos I was the only one available at the time) Of course he also asked me to tell Susan that he still loved her and wanted to talk to her. I said, "I'll see" ... but in all honestly I had no intention of talking to her for him whatsoever - I figured if she wanted to talk to him she'd find a way.

Not surprisingly, when I told this to my supervisor after the visit, I was told, "Don't!" (as if!) cos... he was barred from contacting her. In fact she didn't find out about his request until right before he was transferred off the ship - one of the MAs was dumb enough to let him onto a computer* and he wrote to everyone in the shop... I can only assume he emailed her too cos when she saw me next she hugged me for not passing his messages to her. She was trying to put him behind her, she told me.

(* side note, ironically when i got transferred to security i mentioned the email incident and was told that was a "hush hush" thing... Um, kinda hard for me NOT to figure out what happened, since I was one of the people he emailed and inmates aren't suppose to have computer access ...)

But anyway my real gripe in this... my fucking coworkers.

Sure I understand that guys stick together a lot. but really? "Choke a bitch"?

Yeah that's what some of the lower-ranked guys started adopting as a catch phrase.

they apparently decided Susan was a bitch and deserved it. And that she was a bigger bitch for telling her father. And for getting Dillon in trouble.

Never one comment about whether or not Dillon should have put his hands around her throat or not... just "choke a bitch"

whatever. choke on your own dicks.
    ... if you can find them.

ok that's off my chest now. and yes it feels better.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM.

Choke a bitch isn't some new phrase they came up with. They weren't being original.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

But they were being complete and utter assholes for the whole, "he's a guy so we're going to side with him no matter how much he's in the wrong 'cause he has a dick and she doesn't."

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pepperelf,

Sadly that mentality is found in any of the "good ol'boys" type fields. I have a few of those relatives... and it was ok to beat their old ladies but you do that to their sisters they were going hand you your nuts.

Comment

Well, 'choke a bitch' is a common phrase.

But yeah, that's absolutely absolutely terrible.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Couldn't an Officer, or someone else that outranks them call them out on it, and threaten or impose a punishment, such as laps around the Ship, pushups, or scrubbing down the Head?

Mike
            If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

That's fucked up. It is never ok to choke someone! And I mean...good Gawd even if she was a total douchecunt, it still wouldn't be ok to choke her. Never mind make snarky comments like that about it.

Idiots.
              "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I'm not a violent person but.......Someone needs to pick up these cowards by the throat and make them piss thier pants and cry for mommy
                If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

That's fucked up. I sincerely hope their higher-ups - hopefully, ones who support Susan's move - hear them talking like that and hammer 'em for it. Maybe you could somehow try to arrange that? If you know WHEN they tend to talk like that, arrange for said person to walk in?

Comment

At least she's okay. I almost died when my bastard of a father decided he was going to choke me. Took almost four days for the worst of the bruises to start fading.

Comment

Working...
                    X