This same old crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This same old crap

...I found posted on another message board I frequent yesterday. I remember I first got it a year or two ago as an email. I didn't find it funny then any more than I find it now. I'm surprised it's still in circulation. Some of you might have seen this before and I'm wondering if anyone knows it's origins...ie; the author, a particular website etc:

Let me see if I’ve got this right…

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you 12 years hard labour.
    If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinately.
    If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
    If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
    If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
    If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
    If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.
    If you cross the Canadian border illegally, you get:

- a job,
    - a driver’s licencse
    - social insurance card
    - welfare
    - counselling
    - language training
    - credit cards
    - subsidized rent
    - free education
    - free health care
    - and the right to carry your country's flag...the one you walked out on, while complaining what a terrible place this country is and how you don't get enough respect.

I just wanted to make sure I have a firm grasp on reality.
    Besides being written by a bigoted ass, it also shows how silly and ignorant the author is. Here in Canada at least, if you cross the border illegally you can't get any of these things. The only job an undocumented can get is some kind under the table, sweatshop labour for less than minimum wage. Now if someone comes in claiming refugee status, then they might be eligible for all or some of those things. But even that requires a lot of proof first.

But the rest of it's total bullshit

And regardless of its origins, it looks like this has proved popular with bigots everywhere. :

Here's one tailored for the USA

Australia

And the UK

I'm sure there's others...and I'm sure they're every bit as inaccurate.

Comment

I thought that only applied to the United States. Personally, I don't consider it bigotry to expect immigrants to go through proper legal channels before getting the benefits of citizenship. I agree that the issue of illegal immigration is no laughing matter. It is a serious problem.

Comment

I recently saw the one for the US somewhere.

Well, I can't say how it is in Canada or anywhere else, but I live in the US, and this is happening here. Also, I'm sorry, but it is not bigoted to be concerned about your country's border security! The race card is getting old. Also, these people are committing a crime by crossing illegally, something people seem to conveniently forget while they are wringing their hands worrying about being called ZOMG RACISTS!

As for the part about jobs, they may not be good jobs, but they are jobs that should be given to American citizens. The reason they are given to illegals is that they are willing to work for the shit pay, where Americans actually expect a decent wage for their hard work (GOD FORBID!).

It's gotten so out of control here because there is so much corruption in our government and corporations. It has been said that, "The Democrats want the votes, the Republicans want the cheap labor". So true! And then you have Border Patrol agents getting busted by their own government for doing their jobs! The people with the all the power and the money don't want the illegals to go away!

Comment

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
          Personally, I don't consider it bigotry to expect immigrants to go through proper legal channels before getting the benefits of citizenship.
          It's not bigotry to expect them to go through legal channels.
          It is bigotry to assume that all immigrants just have citizenship handed to them, whether they are legal or not, simply because they are a minority or an immigrant.

Canada certainly has some of the easiest immigration laws in the world, but by no means does it mean a person doesn't have to go through proper channels and jump through hoops.

Emails and forum messages such as those in the OP only spread ignorance.
          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
            It's not bigotry to expect them to go through legal channels.
            It is bigotry to assume that all immigrants just have citizenship handed to them, whether they are legal or not, simply because they are a minority or an immigrant.
            I don't think all immigrants have citizenship handed to them. But, it is a load of crap that illegal aliens (or whatever name they're called this year) can get state issued health insurance, get a drivers license AND even get jobs all without being legal citizens here.

And on top of it that the Federal Government is giving Border Patrol officers disciplinary actions for doing their jobs. That is a disgrace. Same with Sheriff Arapio (sp?) possibly getting in trouble for doing his job as well and upholding the law on immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
              Same with Sheriff Arapio (sp?) possibly getting in trouble for doing his job as well and upholding the law on immigration.
              Yeah, it's a shame that he's getting in trouble for human rights violations that he's been committing in the name of 'justice.'

Why, oh, why can't we get to the *root* cause of this problem. That is, fine the companies that are spending money actively recruiting illegal labor. Also, have a few chit-chats with the Mexican government to help them improve their country. That is, if Mexico is a better place to live, then people will want to, y'know, stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
                Same with Sheriff Arapio (sp?) possibly getting in trouble for doing his job as well and upholding the law on immigration.
                1 that's the job of the federal government, not a county sheriff-so overstepping his authority.

2-are you aware of what the hell he's done?

feeding people awaiting arraignment(as in not even charged with a crime), moldy bread and rotted fruit.

Misspending over 80 million dollars of taxpayer money(as in trips to resorts and disneyland for employees, and had fake books to show if questioned)
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Ah, yes, the spreading of misinformation, lies, and bigotry, all in the name of good old-fashioned hatred.

Tribalistic bullshit.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X