Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaining about threads you don't like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaining about threads you don't like...

in that very thread.

This isn't something I've seen around this parts, but on other message boards. You get these posters who say they don't see the point of a certain thread. Then people come in to defend reasons for the thread (which they shouldn't even have to) and the whole thread turns into a discussion on whether or not the thread serves a purpose.

I mean, it obviously serves a purpose if it gets people discussing things, but it's not serving a purpose if everyone is caught up in arguing that purpose. And so what if it doesn't serve a purpose? A threads "purpose" is subjective anyway. It's just a goddamn thread. No one is forcing them to post in it.

I know it could be considered hypocritical to be complaining about people complaining about threads, but the cycle starts somewhere. I think some people live just to criticize something wrong about a thread every chance they get.

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    I think some people live just to criticize something wrong about everything every chance they get.
    Fixed that for you

Comment

Aye, people look for reasons to bitch all the time. I can usually smell it in someone the second they open their mouth, and I pretty much try to avoid anything they say at all costs.

Comment

The phrasing of this reminds me of TVTropes.

But yeah, I see that... Usuaully I complain about threads I don't like in a different thread.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
          The phrasing of this reminds me of TVTropes.

But yeah, I see that... Usuaully I complain about threads I don't like in a different thread.
          Yeah, it's Complaining About Shows You Don't Like

Comment

Thought as much.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

My favorite (in the negative sense) version is when they wait as the thread progresses along the track they disapprove of for several days until it's obvious (to the actual participants, at least) that it's winding down and will die of its own accord soon, THEN jump in with the complaints. Which of course makes it last longer.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X