Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate tobacco chewers.

My son summed it up best in his facebook status: Slightly edited

Everywhere you see, you hear somebody asking for a dip. Disgusting. Anybody got a problem with me saying this, then I just don't care. Deal with it. Stop spitting all over the place. Nobody wants to sit there and look over while they're trying to eat and you're spitting dip into a bottle or something. So yeah deal with it.

I don't think I could have said it better myself, Even if I did have to edit a few words.
    If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

I'm not sure when it became such a big thing. It's extremely gross though. And I have never seen so many people dipping until I began working as a contractor for the military. I cannot stress how gross it is. Do people think it's attractive? There's no way you are going to pick any women up while spitting some gross brown crap into a water bottle.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

People hated smoking so much, that the tobacco companies shifted their focus to chaw.

I don't really see that it's any sort of improvement.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I prefer smokers.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Ugh, and the SMELL gets to me. Just about everyone I come in regular contact with at work dips. And they all dip this disgusting smelling minty shit. And leave their mint-smelling spit cups in the truck when I get in, and I have to throw it out so I'm not trapped with that smell for twelve hours.

Comment

Chewing tobacco is far more likely than regular cigarette smoking to cause cancer in young people. It's always mouth cancer, too. It's disfiguring as hell, even if you survive it.

Comment

It's really awesome when you go to grab your beverage you had next to you, but someone else had a similar bottle they were spitting into right next to it, and you grab the wrong one and drink a mouthful of tobacco spit.

Comment

I've known one tobacco chewer like that. He used to be a manager of mine.

He'd leave his spit cups in random desk drawers. I even found one behind the baler one time.

And that was just when he'd spit into a cup. Sometimes he'd just go out the doors and spit on the sidewalk. Because nothing says "upscale, family-friendly shopping establishment" like tobacco stains on the sidewalk.

Comment

My brother chews. It's so gross. I wish I could apply that theory to smoking, then I'd never smoke again.

He takes empty soda bottles/cans and uses them as spitoons. Oh, it's so effing gross. Gross. And he always has leftovers in between a few of his teeth.

ISH.

Oh, and some guys at work still chew, even though no tobacco is permitted. Don't ask why security is always on smoke patrol, when you can easily spot several guys with a poof on one side of their cheeks at any given time, and more than likely an empty soda bottle sitting somewhere as a spitoon!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    Oh, and some guys at work still chew, even though no tobacco is permitted. Don't ask why security is always on smoke patrol, when you can easily spot several guys with a poof on one side of their cheeks at any given time, and more than likely an empty soda bottle sitting somewhere as a spitoon!
                    That would be something to talk to the labor board over.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I actually think it's more of a supervisor issue, whomever is permitting their employees to chew should be reamed, considering no one is supposed to be smoking at all, no one is also supposed to be chewing. And this isn't even chewing outside or attempting to hide it.....they are chewing out in plain sight.

Comment

I used to dip when I was at the bar with my friends, for two reasons.

Reason one, I didn't smoke like 5 packs while drinking.

Reason two, I never had to worry about being hit on.
                        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I chewed a couple of times while drunk.....and promptly swallowed the whole dip and threw it all up in the street.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                            I chewed a couple of times while drunk.....and promptly swallowed the whole dip and threw it all up in the street.

The one time I tried chew out of curiousity it made me sooooooooooo sick.....never did it again and this was back in like 1981 or so.
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

At the college I attended they actually had to put signs above all the drinking fountains, asking people to please not spit into them. More than once I ran across a big plug of nasty chewing tobacco, clogging up the fountain when I went to get a drink. They would also get so plugged up the fountains would stop working hence the need for a sign. You would think it'd be obvious and just plain common sense and courtesy but nooooo......

Comment

Working...
                              X