Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Roommates

Ugh. Where do I begin?

Have nothing in common with them, except maybe the landlady. She's too timid to be any sort of mediator, though.

Apparently, I'm snarky with a bad attitude. Actually, I just avoid people I don't have much in common with, don't like TV, and stay in my room working unless I'm out.

Seems everyone would rather NOT approach me with any problems I have, and would rather wait for the more aggressive one to get drunk and start an argument. I'm apparently snarky and snappy because I say something when I have a problem. You too loud? Yes, I will say something. I will say, "Excuse me, you're being a little loud. Could you keep the volume a little lower, please?"

THAT"S ALL IT FUCKING TAKES!!!

Yeah, I'm not a morning person. So I deliberately don't talk in the morning, so I don't snap at anyone like I so very want to.

Sorry, am I a snobby bitch because I'm not interested in your friend who was here, totally drunk and stinking of alcohol? Oh, but he's not drunk ALL the time, he's sober when he's in jail.

Yeah, what a catch. I'll jump on that.

I decide I don't want to take your opinion on what to wear to a club? Sorry, but I think you dress like trash. I don't say anything, since that'd just be rude. In fact, I deliberately said you did NOT want my opinion when you asked my opinion on your trashy lace leggings and hootie shorts.

It's mostly that one. The guy I really have no problems with, except he gets a little loud on his phone or at the TV in his room which is right next to mine, and it's annoying. The other one, not the landlady, I think it a lazy, freeloading, control freak drunk. She just admitted she QUIT her job several months ago, not getting laid off. She's made no effort to look for work and is living on unemployment. She drinks all the time and gets belligerent. Tonight, at freaking MIDNIGHT, she gets in and BANGS on everyone's door yelling. Yeah, I get angry. It's late. Some of us have to get up for work. I open the door and tear into her. This starts an argument about the above issues. I calm down because I'm not a classless drunk and get it through her Vodka-soaked skull that if someone has a problem, they need to say something, since I'm not a freaking mind reader. Takes about 6 times, but it gets through.

Freaking drunk bitch.
    I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Never live with a drunk. It will make life almost impossible to live normally.

Drunks never care who they disturb or who they irritate or who they bother. They do nothing wrong and are never the problem, YOU are the problem! /note that that's how a drunk person thinks, I definetly do not think you are a problem or even unreasonable.

Comment

Oh, it gets better. Turns out she wasn't even (probably) drunk. She does Meth. As does another roommate. I thought she was just an aggressive drunk and obsessive compulsive.

I find this out last night. Looking for a new place to live, because I do NOT want to be around druggies. Hoping my aunt and uncle can rent me their spare room. I'm trying to save to move out of the state, and Meth House is really cheap. Finding another place would cost me at least $200 more a month, and kill any chance I have of moving to NYC this year.
      I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Hey, you could always live with me. I'm going to need someone to split bills with here eventually, as much as it stresses me out to think of it

Comment

In New York? I won't be able to move until December.

If you life in Nevada, though...

Comment

Nope, try Dairy Land.

It's not that bad.....in the summer, anyway.

I was actually looking to move to Loughlin, Nevada eventually. But that seems so distant and not so close.

Comment

Ah, roommates. I remember the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've had roommates wank it while they thought I was sleeping. I've had loud roommates. I've had a roommate who lost his virginity in the bedroom while he thought I was sleeping (actually, the girl thought I was but he definitely knew I wasn't since I wasn't snoring). And I've had an awesome roommate who never bothered me.

And now that I make a shitload of money, when I finally move back to the US, I'm getting a single apartment. Booyah! Though if I have someone cool to live with, I can do two person.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well, I've started looking for rooms in the area. Looks like there's a lot more in my price range than I thought. May end up playing about the same, a bit less, or just a hundred more.

Though it may take more than free pizza to get my sister to help me this time. XD Maybe I can get my relative to help.

If I'm REALLY lucky, I can leave at the end of March, or mid-March and pay only half-rent for that month.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  And now that I make a shitload of money, when I finally move back to the US, I'm getting a single apartment. Booyah! Though if I have someone cool to live with, I can do two person.
                  Apartments can be nearly as bad as roommates.

Just ask me and Blas.

If you have the funds, go for a single dwelling unit if at all feasible.

^-.-^
                  Last edited by Andara Bledin; 02-15-2011, 07:34 PM. Reason: speeling
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or if you can try to find an apartment that's run by the owners like I have, instead of an management company.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                      Ah, roommates. I remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.
                      When I had female roommates they'd "borrow" my hygiene products and never replace them, yes even when I had them hidden in my locked room, they picked the lock to get at them rather than buy their own. When I had a straight male roommate, I caught him trying to get into my room when he was "drunk", and "thought it was his room"....sure you did....jackass, and just how did my undergarments end up in your room? Did they walk, because they really aren't that dirty....no I'll just throw them out, no you can't keep them that's just disgusting and wrong. Then there were the two, that managed to get piles of fastfood bags two feet high in the living room(and the sink full of dirty dishes and ...baby flies/disco rice), with a small path to walk through. I worked two jobs, had my bedroom with exit door and my own bathroom-I never ventured out to the rest of the apartment...until they lost my ferret in the filth...found him 2 days later, behind the stove, eating roaches.....

So I finally decided only gay male roommates for the safety of my stuff and my personage, yeah he borrowed my clothes....without asking!

I hate roommates.....
                      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I agree with goddess, try for private landlords versus property management companies, you can also ask lupo about them. Just because they are a bigger company with a big staff of maintenance people doesn't mean they are effective. In most cases, they are HOA wannabes.

Comment

If I want to live in a city, I don't think I'll have too much of a choice.

I really don't mind apartmentmates, if they are cool. My roommate sophomore year was my best friend in college. We never had any problems and it was an awesome experience. I wonder what he's up to...
                          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well, the good news is I found a place right away. A bit cheaper and closer to work. I've got stuff in my car so I can start moving right away. WHOO! Out of Meth House.

Comment

Congrats!

Nice bonus on being cheaper, too.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X