When people call my cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people call my cell

Well, let me clarify, when they call my cell first. I have a home phone, one which will not cost me $0.25 a minute to talk to you, call that. I give all of my friends that number, and they know which is which, if they don't, it's on Facebook. I realize everyone and their dog is on some kind of super duper data plan with unlimited everything for $500 a month or something, but you know what, my cell is for use when I'm out and for emergencies, or to find someone when I'm meeting them somewhere, it's not my main phone line, I let people know this when I give them my numbers what is so hard to remember about that?

If I didn't have more minutes than I can even conceive of using (heck, it's barely even possible), I'd totally turn my cell completely off when at home.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You get charged to recieve calls?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
        Sounds like a pre-paid.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Yep, pay and talk. I have no need of a contract, usually I don't need a top up over the $10 I pay a month.

I also get charged $0.15 for incoming and outgoing texts. Used to be only outgoing were charged but it was changed a few years ago. That's why it annoys me that one of my friends likes to tell her life story through texts if you ask her how she is, or just randomly, despite the fact that I've told her that it costs me money for her to do that. 15 cents doesn't sound like a lot, but when someone is sending you 4 or 5 texts at a time, it adds up. And most of the time when she texts I'm at home, so she could have called my home phone, she has a plan she pays like $100 a month for, I'm sure that includes long distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
            If I didn't have more minutes than I can even conceive of using (heck, it's barely even possible), I'd totally turn my cell completely off when at home.
            I have the same problem as muses, and I've thought of doing that. But then I don't receive my text messages or e-mails.

At this point, even though most of the incoming calls are costing me, I'm thinking of dropping the home phone entirely. No one we know uses it anymore, and we're never home anyway.

Comment

We totally don't charge to recieve calls in the UK, even on pay as you go plans, otherwise I could never call my brother, he normally has zero credit.

re long texts though, captain Dickhead has sent me a fair few that are 7 texts in lenght, normally about nothing, or were TL;DR should have sent an email.

He has a habbit of calling me whilst I'm chatting to him on yahoo, yahoo is free and I can do other things waiting for a reply, yet he chooses to waste his calling credit on frivolous calls disrupting me and the stuff I was multitasking with whilst on yahoo.

Comment

Back in the day, my family had a Tracfone, and it only had so many minutes and texts were not included, so I was charged for all of them.

I told people NOT to text me, but it never failed, anytime I gave someone my number, there'd be chain texts or just stupid "What's up?" texts, and my parents would scream at me.

We finally got our own phones and plans as a family in 05 or 06.

Comment

Back in the day, my family had a Tracfone, and it only had so many minutes and texts were not included, so I was charged for all of them.
                  My texts are included in my minutes, and if I really wanted to I could add unlimited texts, but unless friends are in town, or I'm in my hometown there's no point. Next time we go back home to visit I'm definitely throwing the unlimited texts on there, because I go like 4 top ups while I was home, that's $40. Mainly for texts, though I'm sure some was from people calling me.

Me and the BF have tracphones for when we go down to Bellingham to grocery shop occasionally (our Canadian cells don't work there), I couldn't believe you could get a cell phone for $10 with some airtime included. The two Canadian cell phones I've had I bought the cheapest pay and talk models, and my first (about 5 years ago) was $100 when I bought it and it had no special features, not even a front screen, and my new phone cost me $80, it has a keyboard and camera though. I've never seen anything much cheaper than that without a 3 year contract.

Comment

Until I got my new phone, I specifically had texts blocked. I had no use for them before, and they still don't have any real function since I can use IM's through the data plan, which is unlimited and required for the phone I have.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I do use texting, because generally it's cheaper than calling when I'm trying to meet up with someone. Also most of my friends don't call a lot, they just text, which is mildly annoying when they don't bother calling my home phone.

I don't have a smartphone, I don't know if I'd ever get one really. I'm not someone who is constantly glued to my phone like so many people are today, my bf's brother is a good example, he's constantly doing something on his phone, to the point where you have to repeat stuff when you're talking to him cause he won't put it down.

Comment

Working...
                      X