X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisa
    replied
    Originally posted by protege View Post
    Sounds like someone has a virus. I don't think I've ever had Windows attempt to update itself every time I turn the computer on. Of course, I've turned that crap off--it got annoying, that as soon as I'd be playing a game, XP would be like "OK, nothing important going on here...time to download," and crash the fucking computer. Sick of this, I turned off my updates. Now if I could only do the same thing to Java and Adobe--seems that shit is *always* updating itself

Oh, yes, it is. So I ignore it for weeks. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU WANT TO UPDATE. I HAS POWER MWAHAHAHA. Er, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Boozy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    Is there a particular reason you shut your computer down as opposed to letting it go into sleep mode?
    ^-.-^
    Computers continue to draw power (although small amounts) while in sleep mode. I keep mine powered down to save hydro.

Leave a comment:

• Cazzi
    replied
    I set my updates to notify when available then I can download & install on my terms... avoids the game crashes
    It may not be a bad idea to run malwarebytes & another AV just to be on the same side.

And I rarely turn my PC off, I think the only time it doesn't get put to sleep is when I have to reboot for updates

Leave a comment:

• protege
    replied
    Sounds like someone has a virus. I don't think I've ever had Windows attempt to update itself every time I turn the computer on. Of course, I've turned that crap off--it got annoying, that as soon as I'd be playing a game, XP would be like "OK, nothing important going on here...time to download," and crash the fucking computer. Sick of this, I turned off my updates. Now if I could only do the same thing to Java and Adobe--seems that shit is *always* updating itself

Leave a comment:

• gremcint
    replied
    It's better for the computer to shut it down properly.

There should be an option to change how windows update behaves, you can make it happen once a week or never if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Is there a particular reason you shut your computer down as opposed to letting it go into sleep mode?

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    started a topic Windows Updates is pissing me off!

Windows Updates is pissing me off!

Every morning when I turn on the computer, it has to download shit. It freezes for 10 minutes while that damn spinning circle replaces the curser. While it's downloaded things before, it was never EVERY DAY and I don't remember it causing so much lag.

I don't know if this is some virus (I hope not), but what ever it is, it's annoying the hell out of me.
Working...
X