Being Sought for Advice; Having That Advice Ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Sought for Advice; Having That Advice Ignored

It was so drama free here in Afghanistan. I made it about a month and a half without drama from people here or people from home. Except for one fight with a co-worker, it's been good. Today changed that.

One of my friends got dumped by her boyfriend so he could go back with his ex. She kept asking for my advice and kept ignoring it. The final icing on the cake was when she asked me if she should send a certain letter to his ex/new girlfriend. Before even reading it, I said no. After reading it, I still said no. It will just make her look like a creepy, stalker ex to not only the girlfriend but him too. She decided to send it anyway. And now she's upset that it seems like I don't care. Sorry, my tolerance for bullshit isn't infinite. I can only take so much ignoring of my advice (and I'm a damn good advice giver for relationships/dating when it doesn't come to me) before I just don't even pretend like I give a shit.

I care that my friend's hurt, but she has taken me well beyond my range of ignored advice for me to even pretend that I care.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Oooh, yeah, that's irritating as all hell.

I get that at work all the time. People will ask me something, and then totally ignore what I tell them (which was right), and go to someone else and waste everybody's time being stupid. >_<

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Add me in. I hate that, too.

I especially hate when someone goes and asks for another opinion right in front of you, or within hearing distance.

Comment

Yup I despise that likewise. If you are not going to follow my advice, then do not ask me for it.
        Last edited by powerboy; 03-06-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I've made that very comment to one of the worst offenders.

Then, there was someone the other day who decided that I didn't really know what I was doing, and had to have someone else do the same exact thing (and get the same exact result) not five minutes later. If I had been sure of which idiot had made the decision, I would have had words with her. >_<

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X