Age restrictions on silly things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    There's nothing "current" about the "not me" issue other than the fact that it's still going on.

Video games are just the current demon of society in a long litany that includes movies, TV, rock music, pool halls, radio, jazz, and square dancing. Next up: virtual reality sims.

^-.-^
    True, but it is growing in popularity to blame anything but ones self. As well as being self centered. EW's and SC's are becoming the NORM instead of the oddities they should be..because people are only worried about themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
      Yeah, a lot of age restrictions are just stupid. Like I hear movie theatres can get in trouble if they let a minor into an R rated movie. If that's true, then WTF? It's not the governments business what movies people see.

"protecting the children" has become "restricting they're rights".
      imo its more of a cop out. IE lets just age restrict things and make others work so I the random public don't actually have to parent my child or limit what he or she does etc.

example. i won't play anything above pg 13 while my daughter is awake until i feel she can handle it. the most she gets is sesame street and the second half of the news. but thats cause i have time to make sure things i know will upset, give nightmares to or actually harm my child are removed or withheld until she is mature enough to handle it.

ie if she doesn't know about it less temptation but it also means i don't get to see or do it either. and i believe alot of parents don't want to let go or give that up when they don't let their kid(s) do it. its another form of do as i say not as i do.

i can't stand people who would rather blame music, tv, movies or anything else than actually oh i don't know teach their kids or be a parent? yes this is taken into consideration of the people who have the time and resources to do so as its difficult for single parents or working parents
      Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
      Yeah we're so over, over
      Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
      X