No announcement yet.

That's so gay....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over Anakin, I have the middle ground!

I don't think you should just stop random strangers, I'm personally referring to being in a social situation of some sort. Not randomly stopping people in the street or anything. I might glare at someone being offensive on the street, but I'm not stopping. They'd have to do something spectacular to make me stop and verbally engage.

Comment

If you are walking on the streets, you are going somewhere. I won't fault someone for not stopping. But if you are just perusing items at a store, or chilling on the beach, etc., it's a perfect opportunity to call them out for being an asshole in public.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I have called people in stores out on using foul language around kids before. I don't see a problem for calling them out for casual bigotry, either, should the situation arise.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, I barely like having to talk to employees at stores to get help, let alone a random stranger.

And most of the social situations I'm in it doesn't come up, because as I said, at least within the people I know and the neighbourhood I'm in it's not nearly as common as it must be where you are. I also don't hang around a lot of gamers, which seem to be the biggest group (from what I've read here) to use anything involving that phrase.

Comment

Working...
          X