opinions in news articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions in news articles

I realize there is a bias in all news and there are ways to twist the facts and show your opinion subtly. Lately though I'm seeing a lot of sites claiming to be news sites and then the writer will really skew the article and comment on the events in the article giving their opinion. A good example is the article I just posted about in social woes with the teacher being talked about on facebook. This isn't a blog I'm just reading this to get the facts not your opinion.

First thing to remember is that in America, it's been decided that the label "news" is meaningless. Fox news fought in court to have the right to report misleading and outright false information in the name of being "entertainment."

An article about the decision at Philly 2 Philly

Personally, I am of the opinion that anything that claims to be "news" should be subject to truth in advertising laws and unable to spread known false information.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X