Deliberately Obtuse Coworkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliberately Obtuse Coworkers

Or, the real life version of "Fail to see the suck" nitpickers.

I have one coworker in particular who can find any, and I mean any defense to excuse any kind of behavior or rule breaking. He irritates the living shit out of me, because people who are always playing Devil's Advocate or "What if"-ing every single thing someone rants out.....oh, I HATE people like that. Bad enough online, but then you have to deal with them 40 hours a week.

Oh, but but....if he ever gets upset, he can go on an accusatory rampage, not just whining or bitching like the rest of us, but on a rampage of blame, and the rest of us better not dare play "What if".

Examples:
    M= Me or a different coworker
    D= Douche

M- I don't understand why second shift people have to make such a mess of the work area. I get being pressured and all, but this is just not acceptable. I'm sick of spending time I should be working cleaning up after them!
    D- How do you know it was them? Maybe they don't have time to clean!
    M- We are told to clean before the end of the shift every day.
    D- Well, maybe it's because they aren't told to or they don't want to.

M- Everything in this order is backwards and facing the wrong way.
    D- Maybe it was a new person doing it!
    M- Even so, they should be trained to not do that. It takes a lot of time to straighten that out and fix it.
    D- Maybe they don't know and no one has time to tell them!

Maybe these nitpickers are just having a bad day? Or maybe they're friends with the co-workers you're complaining about?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

lol for my 2 cents, a story about working at the autoparts store.

M - Me

D - douche

D - I don't understand why I have to change the letters on the sign. It takes forever and I get so frustrated with it. You should do it because you're better at it.

M - I agree. I also think they shouldn't have me at the parts counter, since I don't know anything about parts. you know everything about parts, you should work the counter.

D - Well that's just stupid.

M - Why?

D - Because that's your job. the boss told you to work at the parts counter, you do it. you don't stand here and bitch about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
        Maybe these nitpickers are just having a bad day? Or maybe they're friends with the co-workers you're complaining about?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
        Snicker......
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X