Announcing the death of someone who isn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the death of someone who isn't

As the word Former doesn't make for a headline.

Alice In Chains bassist found dead

Former Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr has been found dead at his home in Salt Lake City. More
    I did look up the other mislieading headlines thread to add this to it, but it was 99% the original post and not headlines in general.

It was only when I saw the name Mike Starr that I knew it was the old bassist who left in the 90's, I never followed AiC after their reformation so didn't know if Mike Inze the replacement was still there, for fans it's sad that a former member died sadder if it is a current member as they are touring or will be soon (I think they are back at the Sonisphere festival in the UK).

I'm sure, but I cannot recall off hand any other deaths have been reported in this way, for example if a head line read

Mary Poppins star dies
    who would you think of? Probably not some woman in a panto production no doubt.

Or Guns and Roses Guitarist arrested for bla bla bla then revealing its Slash, ahem former guitarist thank you.

How about when they include a picture of the wrong person with the article? Can't remember exactly which magazine it was, but they included a picture of a musician who has a somewhat similar name, but is definitely NOT dead.

Comment

Heh heh. Reminds me of the time I gave several people heart attacks at the main site when I posted a link with the title "Harry Potter star stabbed to death!".

Only the 'star' was an extra that had like, two lines of dialoge in one movie.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Working...
      X