Some people are idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people are idiots

I have a friend who lives in Australia. She posted a FB status that was one of those fwd kind of statuses, but stood up for equal rights for LGBT people, basically.

One of her "friends" put "faggots have no rights."

I know people are that stupid and bigoted, but I thought most people had the 'sense' not to just blatantly put that on FB. People reacted very, very negatively to this "friend," and her only defense was "faggots are gross." How very...elementary school of you.

Just fucking ridiculous that people are still so prejudiced and close-minded and, well, stupid. I think some people must forget that regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or anything else...we're all still HUMAN!
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Jeez, what a moron. She actually put that up there and expected people to not give her shit for it? Stupid, sometimes it's better to just keep some opinions to yourself not put them up on social networking sites.
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

I'm going to assume this female is using the term "faggot" to describe a homosexual male. In that case I would point out the following:

"There is nothing a homosexual male will do with his male partner that a heterosexual male will not do with his female partner, or do you find sexual activity in general "gross"
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Well, sex in general is gross... until you reach an age to become interested in it. How old is this "friend"?
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

She meant everyone who falls in the LGBT category, I think...as she also said that "gay women are gross," too. I assume that those who are bi or trans are included in that.

I don't know how old she was, but she's old enough to be in uni, and people were giving her shit about being old enough to form her OWN opinions and actually think about them.

But yeah, I agree. Some opinions are so stupid you do not make them public.
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I reposted that too, expecting to cop a lot of flack over it. I was pleasantly surprised the next day when I found only 'likes' and positive comments on it.

Some opinions are so stupid you do not make them public.
            ^QFT. I almost feel sorry for the girl, it must hurt to be that stupid.
            Last edited by Mishi; 03-11-2011, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Wow, that's just an insane amount of stupid there. I count myself lucky I haven't seen anyone that stupid on my FB

Comment

LOL I just feel bad for my friend. She's got this idiot who thinks gay people are "gross" and before, she posted a very angry status about how she hates everyone who makes rape jokes, said very bluntly that NO they are NOT funny, that shit happens to people.........and got some stupid douche going "ha ha I'm going to rape you." Um...yeah. Yeah, anyone who said that after I explicitly said I cannot stand those "jokes" would be earning a swift kick off my FB friends list, and out of my real life, as well. Just like anyone who said gay people are gross. I don't need idiots like that in my life! [And I hope I don't have any I don't know about...]

Comment

Working...
                X