Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Too Crowded. Let's Go Somewhere Else!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not even ok to be near the door in Wisconsin from like, November through late March. Too damn cold.

The only things that really trigger anxiety and eagerness to get out in stores and restaurants are kids and teenagers, for me. Screaming babies, out of control children, and stupid teenagers fucking off is my big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
      I have used this argument so many times with friends that I've lost track. I always lose, and we always end up going somewhere else, only to meet with the same wait times. Except that we've wasted 15 minutes travelling to another restaurant at this point.

I've solved this problem with the worst offenders of my social circle by refusing to eat at a restaurant that does not take reservations. These places are usually much more expensive, but it's worth it to avoid the aggravation.
      I guess most people just don't see the world the way you and I do.

I don't blame people for getting irritated at there being a wait. Heck, waiting is not on my list of top ten most fun things to do, either. But it is a bit irksome when people are so impatient that they're willing to do things that actually cause them to have to wait longer to get what they want---all in efforts to avoid waiting in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
        We once tried to go to Olive Garden for dinner...there was a 75+ minute wait for a table. Yeah...no.
        To twist a Yogi Berra quote:

No one goes there any more! The wait is too long!

Comment

Going out is such a treat for me these days that I'm usually pretty dead-set on whatever restaurant I've picked. My bf feels that same way. We don't mind waiting since food tastes soooo much better when you're really hungry for it Yeah, I'm a weirdo, but why go someplace unless you really want it?

It's a bit different if someone else is with you, even more so when the other party is paying. I'm also with blas on crowded bars. How in the world could anyone think being crammed like sardines and shouting to have a conversation is fun? I'd much rather hang out at home and pay way less for booze.

Comment

I prefer bars where you can sit down and watch a football game, or sit and listen to music and talk. Not blaring bass thumping hip hop music, being surrounded by 21-22 year olds who are all drunk off of 2 beers.......in bars that can't hold more than 100 people but double or triple that are crammed in there.

Unfortunately, my bf and friends don't want to just hang out and "chill", and they won't go to any lounge bars with me, because those are places they go "after work" or "after school", and the people there are too "weird".

What is weird about people sitting and drinking, listening to music and having conversations, versus a bunch of slutty looking dumb college girls and dopey looking college guys who are all trashed and falling over one another and screaming and every guy in the bar thinks every female is free game and it's an open grabbing fest? I swear, I have never hit and shoved so many people in my life than the guys at the college bars.

Comment

blas, it's either sit and talk to random old people at the lounge bars, or see hot women at the crowded bars. Tough decision for the male mind.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Older people are a lot more fun to hang out with because they have been drinking for a lot longer and (for the most part, there are always alcoholics and binge drinkers for life) can handle their alcohol and know their limits and know how to have a good time without fighting and other drama.

And I don't think people in their later 20s or early 30s are that old. If I go drinking with my coworkers, that's our age range.

I would hope to God that hot "easy" young girls aren't the reason my bf and my friends' bfs and husbands want to party at the college bars, it's not the reason my gal pals want to.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  What is weird about people sitting and drinking, listening to music and having conversations, versus a bunch of slutty looking dumb college girls and dopey looking college guys who are all trashed and falling over one another and screaming and every guy in the bar thinks every female is free game and it's an open grabbing fest?
                  Maturity; the people you know all lack it and find anyone who has it "weird."

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't have a problem with a restaurant having a long wait. My problem is that its too crowded and I'm likely to have a panic attack because of all the sensory overload.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Same here. Ugh. I hate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X