Can anyone hear me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone hear me?

If life were a game of DnD, I'd have a charisma of 2.

Last night: "Hey, you wanna run over to Sara's and pick up those movies we lent her?"

"Oh, we don't need them tonight. We'll do it tomorrow."

Today.

"should we go get those movies?"

"Nah, I'll get them later."

"But I won't be back until about 11. She'll be in bed."

"No she won't."

"OOOOOKAY."

Get back, at 11, we call Sara, guess what, she's in bed.

It wouldn't be so bad if this shit didn't happen EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it so hard to understand that hey, I might actually be right 99.99% of the time?

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
    !

Is it so hard to understand that hey, I might actually be right 99.99% of the time?
    It wouldn't be, if it wasn't for the fact that the times they think to themselves hey, this guy might be right is that .01 that your wrong, and they immedity think why the fuck did I listen to him! He's always wrong!

Sorry that happens bro. *Hugs*
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Oh my dog, I hate that too.

No one ever believes me, even with the simplest things like me being certain a store is closed, but bf refusing to believe me and we waste a trip driving there anyway, to find a pitch black store. DUH! I told you Office Max is not open at midnight, it's not Wal-Mart, not everything is open all damn night! But noo, don't listen to me, I don't know anything!

Or that a certain bar will be packed to the brim or there will be a line at the movie theater wrapping around the building......nope, there's no way I could possibly be right, let's go anyway.....wow, whoulda thunk that Inception on opening night would have a line around the building?!!?!?!? ME you fucking morons.

Or that there are a lot of cops in a certain area or I know that they are always patrolling this or that part of town at this time, so SLOW DOWN or let me drive because I know where we're going and I don't want to get followed or pull over. Oh no, no, no.....he knows where we're going, Oh SHIT we missed the pizza place....OH FUCK he whipped a U turn right in front of a cop...GREAT, we get followed all the way to the pizza place. What the fuck did I tell you?!!?!?!?

Sorry, it felt good to vent about that.

Comment

I run into this a lot, myself.

I make a point of calling people out the next time they ask me something, pointing out how they didn't listen last time. Not that the types of people who don't listen often change, but a little negative re-inforcement ... well, it feels good, anyway.

Of course, if it's an option, you can stop relying on the other person to make the decisions.

Instead of asking "Hey, do you want to go do this?" try "Hey, I'm going to do this, do you want to join me?"

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X