People Who Yell Outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Who Yell Outside

I'm not talking about outdoor sports events or outside of bars or sports bar type places.

I'm talking about people in residential areas who think it's perfectly appropriate to yell inside at whomever after dark, bonus points if they have a really loud vehicle at the same time.

Look, it's almost 10 pm, a LOT of elderly people live around here, not to mention that all of my neighbors in the upstairs of this building are morning workers. They are all usually in bed well before 10 pm because they have to be up before 6 am.

What is with all these new people that have moved here within the last year? This place has gotten worse than it was before. At least before, all you had was Sheriff, the neighborhood nuisance/spy. Now you have all kinds of trash with loud vehicles who think it's appropriate to scream at their roommates/SOs from outside or while they are outside smoking.

Yup...doesn't affect them so why should they care
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That line of thinking drives me bananas.

I mean, it's bad enough that people do it during the day while I'm trying to sleep, but that can't be helped because you can't make the world stop just for odd shift workers. And hey, I think I'm pretty patient with that, especially that soon there will be lawnmowers going off all day.

But night time is supposed to be quiet, tranquil, peaceful. Most people work in the mornings or earlier in the day, that's why most apartments have rules on the lease regarding "quiet time".

But to these newer tenants, that means nothing.

Why can't you go back inside and tell your dumb boyfriend that you're just going to get smokes instead of screaming at him from your car?

Comment

I'm not looking forwards to summer here, already it seems that the local kids seem to think that screaming non stop is playing, and their parents think 10pm & later is a perfectly normal time to be outside screaming! We'll also have the weekend 2am fights & arguments fuelled by too much booze & hot weather

Speaking of antisocial people, my neighbour has recently invested in a motorbike to travel to work on. He works odd hours and seems to think there is nothing wrong with revving the bike up for 5-10 mins at 5am before he sets off.
        I'm seriously thinking of taking the hosepipe to bed with me ready for next time... should be able to aim that quite well from my bedroom window

My neighbour on the other side used to wake me up going to work at 5.30, or rather the 2 guys he gave lifts to did talking loudly* under my window while waiting for him. That seems to have tailed off since I was talking to his elderly mother one day commenting that I always knew when he was on earlies as the guys waiting for him had very interesting conversations outside.
        Can't say I've heard them since

*I say loudly as I only have 5% hearing in one ear & under 50% in the other. I sleep with my good ear buried in the pillow to the extent sometimes my alarm can be going off for ages before I hear it. Sleeping like that, I have no problems hearing antisocial idiots though!

Comment

My neighbor on one side has a very loud pick up truck, but I think it's because it's diesel and not because it's a pile of shit or that he purposely did it. At least I hope not, because he has no qualms telling me if he thinks I'm too loud

I can't wait for better weather and warmth, but you have a good point. More people outside, more noise at undesireable times. But, I promised if winter went away I wouldn't complain about spring or summer, so I can't. This week is going pretty well and looks like an upward trend, I don't want to ruin it.

Don't even get me started on the drama, though. Last summer, I had to do weekend overtime on a Friday night, so I was up and getting ready at the time I normally would any other weeknight (about 9:30 or so) and I went out for a smoke before I left, and there was something going on in one of the other buildings...some chick kicking three or four people out, and they were screaming at her "GO AHEAD, CALL THE FUCKING COPS, WE'LL BE BACK!"

And I just thought....ohh great.......

Comment

The people who yell at other people from their cars are the same ones that when they come to pick up someone they honk instead of getting their lazy asses out of the car and knocking on a door.

I live in a complex now that is not really geared towards kids anymore....and while there are a couple there really isn't that many at all it's mainly adults, and it seems older working professional adults. I don't have the drama here I've had at past places.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X