Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam is taking over the world!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1226021466357

Ignoring the actual article itself (article is hyped up and is a former KKK leader getting his 15 minutes of fame IMHO) read the comments. Some of these made my blood boil.

I really hate how people tend to think that we are in the midst of a global Islam takeover. On top of that, I also tend to hate how people can't tell the difference between what is cultural and what is religious. There is a difference between accomodations being made for Islam and Islam taking over the world entirely.

We are NOT being forced to fast for a whole month straight.
    We are NOT being forced to make our women wear burqas and niqabs (and despite arguments that say we should ban them, I have yet to see anyone in Adelaide with a burqa on) nor are we forcing men and women to cover their heads.
    We are NOT being forced to pray five times a day, carry a prayer mat around at all times and facing Mecca when we do.
    Women are NOT being forced into arranged marriages.
    We are not being forced to segregate our men and women.

Honor killings are NOT in the Qu'ran, they are cultural, not religious.
    Women being forced to travel with a male relative is again, cultural, not religious.
    Female genital mutilation is cultural, NOT religious.

Now I'm all for keeping one's cultural heritage, but Female genital mutilation is one practice that needs to fucking stop. There is no point to it and it needs to go away. And it won't unless the women take a stand against and refuse to have it done to them.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
      And it won't unless the women take a stand against and refuse to have it done to them.
      The problem is that in the regions it occurs in, "taking a stand" would sadly result in an even worse fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        The problem is that in the regions it occurs in, "taking a stand" would sadly result in an even worse fate.
        Yeah I know but someone has to be brave and do it the first few times or it will never stop. or band together....something.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Yeah I know but someone has to be brave and do it the first few times or it will never stop. or band together....something.
          If it were truly that easy, it wouldn't still be happening. =/

Comment

After being in the Middle East for two months, it doesn't surprise me. You think women can be treated like meat in America? I've seen people stand in a line and see them call a man first over a woman even though the woman has been there a lot longer. The Afghan guys just blatantly stare at women without trying to hide it because, who cares, she's a woman and her feelings don't matter (and it's the majority of guys, not a minority, that do it).
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

They have...they die *sighs*
              Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Working...
              X