Shirts with pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirts with pins

More generally, the way new clothes are packed, but the pins are the worst.

Basically, when you buy shirts (or pants, for that matter) that are "packed up" (not sure what the proper term would be, exactly) they have things in them to keep them neat. I understand the point... but I absolutely *hate* the pins. Especially since I can never be completely sure I've removed them all: seemingly-similar shirts might have no pins at all, or only one, or any number at least up to five. The plastic clips will fall off on their own when you unfold the shirt or put it on, and cause no harm if you don't notice and later step on one. A missed sticker might be embarrassing (especially if it's the size), but there's just something about getting stuck by a missed pin... or even the *idea* of stepping on one that fell out unnoticed.

And yes, I know I'm complaining about next to nothing. But I bet I'm not the only one here who gets annoyed at such things
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

It just a reminder that is good not to be a heroin addict

Comment

also watch your step in dressing rooms that sell those shirts, I have gone into dressing rooms and found a lot of those pins on the ground before.

Comment

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

Security pins, the ones that the cashier has to use a machine to remove, and permanently leave a hole in the garment, THOSE I absolutely hate. I understand that a lot of people are thieves and that's why they have them, and I understand if they are removed without the machine, some are full of ink......but lighter shirts like very light cotton tank tops or paper-thin shirts (for summer wear or bedtime), that hole will stretch, if it's not attached to the tag or somewhere halfway inconspicuous. And I'm sick and tired of the tag being on the main seam on the side of shirts!!!!!

Comment

Most men's dress shirts come with these pins in them. If you buy them wrapped up in the package, they'll be folded with those pins stuck in various places on them. I had to deal with them when I first got my job, because I had to start wearing dress shirts every day and needed several of them. They can be annoying. I didn't really want to throw them away after taking them out of the shirt, either, because I was afraid I'd forget about them when taking the trash out and stick myself. Many of them are saved in a little container on my desk.

Comment

Security tags are supposed to be put in a seam, although when I worked retail we always did it up by the tag in the neck. If they're put in and removed properly, then there's no issue. My old store also hung up most men's dress shirts instead of leaving them in their bags, so I also grew to hate those damn pins.

Comment

He is the reason for putting the security tag in the seam, If i want to steal the shirt it is really easy to cut off the tag and not give a damn. The main seam, sort of destroys the shirt. Also, In theory I think if one was planning on stealing enough shit it wouldn't be to hard to come across one of the removal tools, or thanks to police family members I guess the old stand by most thieves use is to wrap the shirt in a bag, freeze it (freezes the ink), then beat it off with a hammer, worst case scenario is they screw up and need to steal it again, after all these are criminals

Comment

Working...
              X