Ungrateful Co-workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ungrateful Co-workers

I got a wake up call early today to see if I would come into work an hour early which I let go to voice mail, as anyone from work calling me only wants one thing. Came me some time to think about ti since I had plans before work that I made two days ago, so I sent back a reply text saying I would try to be in 30min early. Because I forgot to mention the MODs first attempt was a text. I'm sorry I sleep till 2hrs before my afternoon shift, deal with it.

The response I got back was "Whatever", to which I wanted to say, fine I WILL COME IN AT MY NORMAL TIME and fuck all to the person who is working. It is not my fault the other person who is working pissed you off and you sent them home to teach them a lesson and now are made you have to stay to cover their slack.

I have a life outside of work, I barely make myself go to work as is I can't wait for the economy to turn around and be able to find a job I like doing that pays better than the lowest I can legally be paid.

I do not like my co-workers acting like they are doing me a favor by "letting me come in an hour early" because they screwed something up. OR because I'm only doing a 7hr shift because they are trying to slash everyones hours. Its fine I will play that came and do 7hrs but don't be shocked when I won't change my life. I actually get better responses when I refuse to come in because apparently they don't like when I split the difference or want 45min to get there. Considering I live 30minutes away, 45minutes is the time I need to find my clean uniform and a matching pair of socks, I really don't think that is to much to ask for. And I never get thanked for coming in early, I get bitched at if I manage to come in 5 minutes late when I got short notice at the change of time.
    Last edited by insertNameHere; 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM.

You come in early at short notice and get bitched at for being 5 minutes late?
    "No I'm 55 minutes early, now fucking appologize or I'll come back on time"

Comment

Most jobs want slaves who live to serve the company's every whim, not employees who have lives outside of work. Blah!

Comment

This is why I ignore all texts and calls while sleeping. No messing with my sleep, damnit!
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I used to run into that all the time when I was working the third shifts.

Look, when you work day shift your schedule runs wake up at 6, be at work at 8. Get off work at 5, do your evening shit and to bed at 10 for a good solid 8 hours sleep.

I know most idiots who want to spend evenings hanging with their friends do it get off work at 8 am, sleep by 9, wake up at 5 or so, and hang until they need to go to work. I can't do that. I just shift the normal wake up *right before going to work* so NO, I am not going to be answering the phone until at a minimum of 9 pm, because that is when I wake up to go to work for 11 pm. When I get off work at 8 am, I do the normal shit people need to do - shopping, clean the house, appointments, entertainment. I go to bed about noon or so, and sleep. The reason I never found myself falling asleep at 3 am was actually sleeping like a normal person, and also not shifting my schedule off the night shift on weekends.

I made it quite well known that I kept that schedule, and if they wanted me they needed to call me before noon, or catch up to me at work in the night. I also would not do any sort of afternoon meeting on a day I worked the night in.

Comment

Update:
            I showed up 30 min early and got bitched at for being an asshole and only caring about myself, because the attempt at management needed to be somewhere, that wasn't mentioned in the original attempts at contacting me. Still, it pisses me off I made (granted a half-assed one) an effort to arrive early. And I got nothing but grief, so next time I think I could be down the street ready for work, I still will opt to come in at my regular time

Comment

Originally posted by AccountingDrone View Post
              I used to run into that all the time when I was working the third shifts.

Look, when you work day shift your schedule runs wake up at 6, be at work at 8. Get off work at 5, do your evening shit and to bed at 10 for a good solid 8 hours sleep.

I know most idiots who want to spend evenings hanging with their friends do it get off work at 8 am, sleep by 9, wake up at 5 or so, and hang until they need to go to work. I can't do that. I just shift the normal wake up *right before going to work* so NO, I am not going to be answering the phone until at a minimum of 9 pm, because that is when I wake up to go to work for 11 pm. When I get off work at 8 am, I do the normal shit people need to do - shopping, clean the house, appointments, entertainment. I go to bed about noon or so, and sleep. The reason I never found myself falling asleep at 3 am was actually sleeping like a normal person, and also not shifting my schedule off the night shift on weekends.

I made it quite well known that I kept that schedule, and if they wanted me they needed to call me before noon, or catch up to me at work in the night. I also would not do any sort of afternoon meeting on a day I worked the night in.
              I work 3rd shift too. I'm off at 6:30 and home by 7. I go straight to sleep when I get home, and get up around 3 or 4. But that's because my husband goes in to work at 4 or 5 and I have to watch the kids while he's gone. I don't have a problem staying awake, if I get sleepy I go for a walk or drink more caffeine to get me through the night.

I do answer phone calls if I'm asleep, or more specifically my husband does. I'll usually agree to go in early or work an extra shift. But I always tell my boss, "Hey I have to shower, put on my uniform, pack my lunch and get some coffee so I'll try to be there in 30-45 minutes." I usually make it on time or I'm only a couple minutes so it's never been a big deal to my boss. But if he made it a big deal, I'd start refusing to come in and being "busy" or just ignoring the phone.

Comment

Another vampire here

I do the screw around for a few hours, go to bed, wake up just in time for a little relaxing before work, and that's it. So, I go to bed around 12-12:30, wake up around 8-8:30, and get ready/eat/chill until a little after 10, and leave.

Comment

I used to do a rotating shift, in slack months it was just 6-2 and 2-10, but for half the year or more, it was all three of em, but as I could not get to work for 6 due to public transport not being much for keeping a schedule at that hour, I did 7-3 and as I was around during the shift swap, some days (once a whole week) I ended up still being there till 10 as the guy doing my job, that no one really liked doing, wasn't in. I would get home near midnight, to wake up a few hours later to do it all again.

I think the shift went backwards, week one 10-6 week two 2-10 week three 6-2, I think it was meant to be better on the body clock that way.
                  Most fridays regardless of my start time would end in a night club up untill 7am Saturday morning, as we had no friday late shift, that resumed on sunday night, so that always helped sort my body clock out for the late sunday.

Comment

Working...
                  X