Pedobear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedobear

if there was one internet meme that has to die it's pedobear. I've almost stopped going to sites because they keep using him in jokes, I don't find pedophile jokes funny, especially not beastiality pedophile jokes. and it's not even just that but the jokes where they use him wouldn't even be funny if I liked that humour. And now an internet reviewer I follow and happen to enjoy following has decided to use a pedobear joke in his video title card this week, I almost don't even want to watch the video even though he probably won't mention it in the video itself.

for the record I'm referring to Linkara's allstar batman and robin 3-4 review.

Watching the review I can say he isn't meantioned, but the whole dialogue by 'Steve' does cause Linkara to question just WTF was Miller thinking.

And the whole pedobear image might not have been his idea, that could have been his title card artist.

Comment

I watched it and he doesn't bring it up, but that doesn't effect opinion any.

Comment

I think Linkara's review made sense.

Pedobear's overexposed, but considering how much Batman came off as a pedophile, it was the easiest way to get that point across in the review.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I agree with Linkara's review I'm just talking about a certain meme that it took part in.

Comment

Pedobear doesn't glorify pedophilia; it's mainly to put accross the fact that sexualising young girls is a bad thing. I happen to think Pedobear, and his less well known friend Shotacat, are funny, but that's just my opinion. You're entitled to think differently. ^^
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I think that Pedobear is overused. In the AT4W review, it was clearly being used as a visual shorthand (Batman is coming off as a pedophile) which was also repeatedly explicitly stated to be a "Bad Thing"
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

While Pedobear is probably overused, I have to agree with Lace Neil Singer. It can be pretty amusing in the right context.

Comment

Working...
                X