My own procastination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own procastination

I have a mantra that goes "If I have nothing to do, I do nothing." it kinda crept up on me as a life choice when my work hours got longer, most nights I would finish and not want to go out even if it was my day off in the morning.

Recently alot of the things I might want to do, but were not pressing, I would shelve for the 2nd day off and just recover from the week, more so when my foot gives me grief, which is more and more these days.
    Sadly, by the end of the day with no chance of an 11th hour sort out or first thing in the morning, I get called by work and I can't recal a time when I said "No." aside from the time I was oop norf visiting my brother.
    Needless to say, these little things have to wait 7 days till my next day off or when I finish at 2 assuming I'm not then asked to stay.

This month my 2nd hand bike was well in need of fixing, £80 for a new wheel as it has the gears inside the wheel not as a derailer? chain setup, it had been slightly buckled for a bit but I could ride it fine and dandy with the rear breaks off. Then friday last week the rim cracked and I thought seeing as I'm off Monday/Tuesday I'll just tape it up for the weekend and get a new wheel or that new bike I saw for £120 down the road.
    Sunday I finish at 2 or a bit later, I can't recall, but after work I am fast asleep with a DVD playing and don't wake up untill near midnight, Monday was a sleep fest too, I don't recall much conciousness and although I was awake for Tuesday, I just could not get out of bed for trying.

The taped up rim didn't last thursday and I had to walk the rest of the way and left the bike at work and got the new £120 bike on the way to work Friday.

But if I didn't have such a happy relationship with procastination and it's brethren appathy and lethargy, I would have sorted out a new rear wheel or a whole damn bike ages ago, or atleast Tuesday.
Working...
X