No announcement yet.

Spoiled People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bf and I butt heads a lot in our relationship because not only did we come from different financial backgrounds (my family, dirt poor, his upper middle class) but because he is/was spoiled rotten.

To this day, he just can't seem to budget or realize that things cost money. Problems snowball and eventually cost a lot. It sucks. But it's part of being a grown up. Money doesn't just grow on trees and come from the government. You have to make your own way, if you want a pot to piss in.

Comment

Even people who aren't rich can get spoiled. I've ranted about my welfare friend before, how she's come to expect me to provide everything for her good time. She seems to expect others to provide for her, period. We go out on new year's, it's on me to provide a warm (and festive!) hat for her. It's also on me to provide her with glow poi. The last time she pulled this, I gave her some crappy old glowsticks.

She misplaces her lightsaber before a cosplay outing? Whoopsie! She says "I can have one of yours, right? After all, you have two!", referring to my matched dual-wielding pair. And when I find a spare for her to borrow, she manhandles it when I am not looking, dropping it on concrete. I recently found out from another friend who was with her that she almost lost my lightsaber off the side of the bridge!! Seriously, she dropped it in a clumsy attempt to spin it, and it almost rolled right off the edge of the deck. And you just know that had that happened, I would probably still be waiting to be paid back. After all, she's sooo broke all the time.

That, and she almost ruined the beautiful Jedi costume I made her, by slopping mayonnaise on it, and not washing it for over a month. Gross! It's a miracle that the stain even came out!

Needless to say, no more loaners and no more freebies for her!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I had one friend who got a BMW for her 17th birthday (the age for license in NJ). She didn't like it so she had her parents trade it in for a mercedes benz.
        Good grief! I got my grandmother's 1962 Dodge Dart (in 1987) and was over the moon to receive a car! If I'd acted like that girl, Grandma would've taken it back and I wouldn't have gotten a car until I could buy one with my own money.

Too many people have gotten spoiled as children, and as a result, we now have a generation of selfish, materialistic brats raising their own selfish, materialistic brats. You'd think the recession might've taught them something, but the message obviously hasn't hit home for a lot of people.
        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
          Good grief! I got my grandmother's 1962 Dodge Dart (in 1987) and was over the moon to receive a car!
          Wow! Not only did you get a car, you got one that you could maintain on your own - no fancy "dealer only diagnostics" computer systems.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
            Wow! Not only did you get a car, you got one that you could maintain on your own - no fancy "dealer only diagnostics" computer systems.
            I loved that car. It was an eye-catching classic with a sculpted body in the days of boxy small cars, making it exceptionally easy to find in a parking lot! The push-button automatic transmission was also an interest-getter. And I did learn how to do a few maintenance things, too. Boy, do I miss that car.

Yeah, I think I got the better deal than that brat who threw the tantrum over getting a BMW instead of a Mercedes.
            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
            X