Vandals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandals!

No, I don't mean the fifth century guys who sacked Rome, though I probably wouldn't have liked them much either.

I'm talking about the who threw a grapefruit-sized rock through the back window of my husband's car. Now we've short one car and will have to wait until Monday to get it repaired (and insurance won't cover it, too high a deductible, so we're nearly $300 out of pocket!)

And seriously, what the hell was that about?! We're on decent terms with our neighbors. What did we do -- what could we have possibly done -- to deserve it?!
    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

I guess punk hormonal-driven kids threw the rock.

Comment

Having some dipshit assault your car is the worst. At least I know who did mine, and was able to take proper vengeance. You must find out who so you too can make him suffer!

Comment

I hate people who do shit like that. Not only do they cause trouble without any regard for others, but they seem to get off on it.

Assholes.

Comment

A couple of years ago, a coworker (who just got a new car) woke up to go to work one night to find a giant smashed pumpkin all over her car.

Comment

Was just reading my local newspaper yesterday and saw that some idiot drove around and shot 20+ cars with BB's, denting up people's cars. A senseless act by a complete moron.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

A former co-irker had some neighborhood kid ride down the block painting a brown stripe along every car that was parked on the street. Went down one side, and then back up the other to make sure he got everybody on the block.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm not sure if this counts as better or worse...More damage, but the idiots were caught at least...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42747129...ws-weird_news/
                Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Originally posted by Evandril View Post
                  I'm not sure if this counts as better or worse...More damage, but the idiots were caught at least...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42747129...ws-weird_news/
                  Police say the boys acknowledged causing the damage Thursday, saying they were bored.
                  Oh, you were bored, poor widdle things. The abject horror of boredom! Gee, it's not like you could've read a book, watched a movie, played some games, gone for a jog around the block...nope, had to cost someone hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages because you were suffering the excruciating agony of boredom!!!

Hubby's car was most likely damaged for the same reason: bored kid too stupid to find something legal to do, so he had to cause mischief. Yes, I got bored when I was a kid, still do. But I find stuff to do that doesn't hurt anyone. These brats get no sympathy from me. Glad they got caught. I'm sure they can alleviate their boredom in juvie hall.
                  If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                    Having some dipshit assault your car is the worst.
                    wow and here I was under the impression that physical or emotional harm to my person or my loved ones was worse than harm to a material thing Glad you cleared that up for me.
                    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                      wow and here I was under the impression that physical or emotional harm to my person or my loved ones was worse than harm to a material thing Glad you cleared that up for me.
                      Yeah. If I wasn't feeling lazy I'd point you to the thread where people like us are corrected about how people's cars are physical extensions of themselves and assaulting the car is the same as assaulting the owner.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't think it matters if my car is a material thing, it costed a lot of money and means a hell of a lot to me. It's the key to my safety and independence, since walking has appeared to be too dangerous around here. To find that someone damaged it in any way would infuriate the hell out of me.

Edit: My car is an extension of me. Sure, my family, friends and of course myself come before it, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset if someone hits it or throws pumpkins on it. It's of the same disrespect as people who tug on your hair, grab on your beltloops, pull on your shirt, people who think it's funny to give noogies, people who think nothing of eating off of your plate.....
                        Last edited by blas87; 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                          Edit: My car is an extension of me. Sure, my family, friends and of course myself come before it, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset if someone hits it or throws pumpkins on it. It's of the same disrespect as people who tug on your hair, grab on your beltloops, pull on your shirt, people who think it's funny to give noogies, people who think nothing of eating off of your plate.....
                          Pretty much, yes. I don't quite consider my car an extension of me, but it is my property, it cost (to me) a lot of money, it's a necessary item to me, I like it and I don't need some disrespectful smeghead damaging it.

New window is in, hubby's got his car back. We've filed the police report and the report with the apartment complex. Let's hope this doesn't happen again, to either of our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                            Yeah. If I wasn't feeling lazy I'd point you to the thread where people like us are corrected about how people's cars are physical extensions of themselves and assaulting the car is the same as assaulting the owner.
                            I remember that thread, I started it

though one of my vehicles is kind of an extension of me, or at least an accessory, it attaches to my shoes via some little clips on my shoes (yeah I got some clipless pedals for the racing bike)
                            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                              Pretty much, yes. I don't quite consider my car an extension of me, but it is my property, it cost (to me) a lot of money, it's a necessary item to me, I like it and I don't need some disrespectful smeghead damaging it.
                              See, that's a healthy attitude.

I'm talking about the people like the guy at a party who assaulted a teenager who wrote in the dew that had gathered on the hood of his car and all of the fantastically disconnected people who thought that was an ok reaction.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X