sharing bacteria, specifically hygenic for a reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharing bacteria, specifically hygenic for a reason

This issue has already been resolved I am just now getting a chance to vent about it.
    I don't share gum - not even as a kid - drinking glasses, soda cans or bottles or something that someone else's mouth touched, let alone tooth brushes even if sanitized by the best machine. I don't like sharing bacteria with people as to me everyone's mouth has different bacteria, please don't share it.
    (Same thing goes with glasses or hair clips and hair brushes but thats my choice. Nothing wrong with my hair or scalp but thats MY only brush dang it)

So knowing this about me, what made you think it was ok to use my toothbrush because you cannot find yours or need a new one. WTF!? I just bought that last week too now i have to toss it because it was in your mouth. And I run my brush through scalding water when done before or after since I forget to sometimes and for my own sanity. The one thing I adhere to is oral hygiene due to my gum issue that the dentist loves me for. Also in good hands there.
    So when you just used my tooth brush and have been for a few days and when going through old brushes asking who's is who's you tell me you don't know and have been using mine, that pisses me off. Its bad enough i have to get special mouth wash so my gums stop receeding at every damn thing but you just made it worse!
    GDIT thanks alot!
    Thankfully I had a spare in the drawer from the dentist until I could make it to the store. And he wondered why I berated him. Yeah four years of braces, teeth cleaning every 6 months afterwords which hurt like hell and other dental nightmares - good dentist just hated having to do it - this does not help and actually took me back a few steps.
    Thanks alot. Yeah i am trying to AVOID having to have gum surgery, not aid in that!

Dad had to have gum surgery because of his bad issue with receding gums and he didn't take care of it.
    If i don't brush regularly and thoroughly and use mouth wash it IS noticeable how they recede as there are gum line marks after a while. They go any more and i will lose teeth cause there won't be much holding them in

and the teeth cleaning was for two years straight until i said enough due to i wasn't building a tolerance to the high powered water pic they use. oh lord does that hurt...first few times it was like...and i'm sorry at the time it made me laugh when a friend described it - if you aren't used to having your teeth cleaned your mouth becomes not unlike that of a vagina on the monthly. And at the time it just made my day sorry for tmi
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

My husband and I share cups/glasses, silverware, etc. Not on a regular basis, but if we're out to dinner and he wants a taste of my food, I'll just give it to him on my fork (and vice versa.) Sometimes we forget whose cup is whose since we have a lot that look the same and are the same color, and if we're both drinking water, we just say "meh" and grab one. I did let him use my toothbrush once. He was visiting me (before I had moved in with him) and the airport lost his luggage, so he had no toothbrush of his own. We didn't get back to my apartment till after 2am due to the flight being delayed, luggage being lost, etc. so we didn't exactly want to stop and pick up supplies, so he just used mine.

I mean, we share bodily fluids in much more colorful ways anyway, so it doesn't bother us. Neither of us have tooth/gum problems, either.

But I wouldn't drink out of anyone else's cup, or use anyone else's toothbrush. And if someone used my toothbrush, especially without asking me first, I'd be pretty pissed, too.

Comment

You didn't say Lexia, but was this your husband who used your toothbrush?

It seems strange that you'd get upset over something like that, since I'm assuming that they two of you share intimate bodily fluids frequently.

Comment

I was going to ask... Have you never, ever kissed?

Although, I do have to agree I'd be irritated over someone using my toothbrush without asking, but since the only person I live with is my boyfriend, and we've "swapped spit" before, I just shrug it off and go on with my day.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No one touches my toothbrushes.

Come to think of it, I got sick very often when I first turned 21 and would go out and share cigarettes, drinks, and food with my friends. It seemed like I was almost always sick.

Comment

If you wouldn't kiss a person, you probably shouldn't share anything else that goes into or against your mouth.

I know more than a few people who've gotten herpes like that. The responsible faire-goers who have it make a point of having their own gear and keeping it all to themselves to avoid any possible further spread.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've shared bodily fluids with my husband. Enough so that I got pregnant with Child Rum.

I kiss Child Rum all the time.

I do not share my toothbrush with my husband nor do I share it with my daughter.

I do not share my toothbrush with my mom, dad, or sister.

I love all of them very much.

However, I was taught by my mom not to share toothbrushes.

Some people are just particular about certain things.

Toothbrushes are just one of them.
              Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
                My husband and I share cups/glasses, silverware, etc. Not on a regular basis, but if we're out to dinner and he wants a taste of my food, I'll just give it to him on my fork (and vice versa.)
                I mean, we share bodily fluids in much more colorful ways anyway, so it doesn't bother us. Neither of us have tooth/gum problems, either.
                But I wouldn't drink out of anyone else's cup, or use anyone else's toothbrush. And if someone used my toothbrush, especially without asking me first, I'd be pretty pissed, too.
                not saying no one else should do it, just me cause i have messed up gums. another check up to see how bad or better i am getting next week

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                You didn't say Lexia, but was this your husband who used your toothbrush?
                It seems strange that you'd get upset over something like that, since I'm assuming that they two of you share intimate bodily fluids frequently.
                Yes this was my husband and as of late no...if we kiss its closed mouth or not at all due to the fact he...has chosen to not brush as frequently as myself which grosses me out. and yes, i am super picky as I also realize kissing is about the same thing if not similar to sharing tooth brushes and this is not something i like admitting but no...we don't kiss much anymore because of his lack of brushing.

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                I was going to ask... Have you never, ever kissed?
                Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                If you wouldn't kiss a person, you probably shouldn't share anything else that goes into or against your mouth.
                I know more than a few people who've gotten herpes like that.
                Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
                I've shared bodily fluids with my husband. Enough so that I got pregnant with Child Rum.
                I kiss Child Rum all the time.
                Some people are just particular about certain things.
                Toothbrushes are just one of them.
                yes I used to kiss him. but ever since he had his tooth pulled earlier this year hubs has stopped brushing frequently. alot of it is personal choice and that i was once again made aware of how germs are prevalent etc...so going germaphobe reaction lately. alcohol free mouth wash and breath mints are my friend and kept in supply along with hand soap i kiss daughter and hubs on the cheek now.
                and also related from my stomach issue thread in cs.com i am watching it as i don't want to be...erm swaping fluids and have to run for it.

I feel bad for blabbing about it but its gross to me if i can see the for lack of better words and not wanting to go tmi grossness on his teeth and such. I know his gum is still sensitive from where his tooth was pulled but they make super soft bristle brushes for that. or other ways to do it.
                Yeah we're so over, over
                Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

No offense to your husband or you but damn to not brush often is just plain nasty and yeah I wouldn't be kissing him either in your position.

blech. I can totally understand why you don't want him to use your toothbrush....and now of course he'll brush even less probably.

Something about THAT needs to change.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

it is. i had no clue how much his gums around where his tooth was pulled hurt. going to dentist to see what is wrong get medicine.
                    and now i feel like crap because i didn't know he was in pain.
                    Yeah we're so over, over

Comment

Sounds like he may have been dealing with dry socket - I know how much that hurts. The dentist will be able to get him fixed up as good as new, no worries

Comment

And he needs to figure out a way to brush more or he will have this issue repeatedly as more teeth get pulled for being cavity ridden.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

dealt with. a small infection, been cleaned and taken care of.

but i have to watch it now with stress, what I eat and alot. Mostly because the more acid I have the more food will come back and the more that happens the more my gums have issue with me. Even non alcoholic mouth wash hurts slightly.
                          Glad this is over...going in when daughter has her appointment to see if i can get my teeth cleaned and get rid of that invisible gross film i seem to keep getting ugh
                          Yeah we're so over, over

Comment

Working...
                          X