Osama is dead!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama is dead!!!

Woot Woot, we finally got Osama bin laden, thats nice, I guess the evening news never came on and now they are still showing shit about Osama acting like nobody has ever heard of him.

While it is a major media event and a good thing to have put an end too, I really think that

Bin Laden Dead Continuing Coverage on..... the local news facebook and twitter and since it is 12:19, they just announced tune in at 4:30 for the morning edition with continuing coverage. He is dead, I'm sorry that is the fucking story, maybe a quick blimp how he died. Lets run a ticker at the bottom of the screen.... But I can see this being like the royal wedding. Enough already, once you make the story you don't need to also cover any possibilities in an alternate reality to make sure everyone even those under a rock will hear.

It's almost midnight on a Sunday night - what else are they going to talk about? (And don't say, "Tornadoes and floods killing/affecting thousands in the South" because that's just not happening. Never does, never will.)

Comment

I said it at CS, I'll say it here. Meh.

This isn't the first time they claimed he was dead. They said he was dead a couple years ago from a disease.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
        I said it at CS, I'll say it here. Meh.

This isn't the first time they claimed he was dead. They said he was dead a couple years ago from a disease.
        When was this? I don't remember ever hearing any news that he died. There was news that he was dying but not dead.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Looks like the royal wedding is off the front pages for now...

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Actually, I did bring that up to my co-worker that they did mention a few years ago they believed he HAD to have died of health issues, Idk, I would like to see some local news and weather.

However, the one part they did mention a team of soliders engaged him in a gunfight. So I guess we actually have a body?

Comment

The statement from Obama said that they have his body. The thought I have is who is going to be the next bogeyman?

Used to be communism from Russia or China, or the very close threat of commies in Cuba. For a decade it's been Bin Laden. Who are they going to use to distract the citizens of the US now?

Rapscallion
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                The statement from Obama said that they have his body. The thought I have is who is going to be the next bogeyman?

Used to be communism from Russia or China, or the very close threat of commies in Cuba. For a decade it's been Bin Laden. Who are they going to use to distract the citizens of the US now?

Rapscallion
                North Korea
                Pakistan
                Iran
                Any number of revolting countries
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Lichtenstein.

Comment

Whoever takes over being in charge of Al Qaeda. This won't just make them go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Whoever takes over being in charge of Al Qaeda. This won't just make them go away.
                      Maybe not but it will knock it down quite a bit. Turns out Hitler died the same day and when he was gone the Nazi party was not nearly the power it once was. There are still believers but they don't have any power to take over countries.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I heard that the majority of AQ sect leaders and members never had any direct contact with Bin Laden, so one hopes he wasn't able to pass on his "wisdom".
                        "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Regrettably, I think you're right in that they won't go away, and that they will likely continue being the bogeyman for ages to come.

Wish I'd thought my question through a bit more first

Rapscallion
                          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Mod Note:

We have another thread going about this here.

The mods have decided not to merge the two threads, since this one deals with the topic in general, and the other deals with the possible political ramifications for the upcoming presidential election. Please try to keep the two discussions as separate as possible for the sake of organization. I understand they'll be some incidental overlap, and that's fine.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Apparently, they *don't* have the body... anymore. Burial at sea.

Which, on the one hand, makes sense... but on the other, if it makes even me a bit suspicious, well...
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X