What I refer to as Nehody moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I refer to as Nehody moments

In plain english when someone omits a vital piece of information, this was brought up in a CS thread where someone was refused service due to lack of ID, then when bitching to corporate they then say they have lost their ID ... wtf didn't you say so before going off on one?
    How hard would it have been to say "I lost my wallet with my photo ID on it" although that would also imply you had also lost any forms of payment for said room also, not fatal, something could have been worked out.

Backstory
    Now I'm a bit hazy on the word nehody, it's eastern European and either Polish or Chezk (is that how you spell it) and means either 'Accident' or 'Ambulance' or something similar.

Captain Dickhead many years ago went to one of those countries for a week and popped to the other for a day and when he came back he asked me
    "What does Nehody mean?"
    "No idea, don't speak the lingo." sounded like Noddy crossed with the Knights who like to say Nii
    in the end I used a text service (as webphones were not prevelant) and they google/wiki it and text back the answer
    "it's a sort of ambulance service" might have been the reply
    "Oh that explains it, it was written on a van that was following the trams."
    "Why the f didnt you say that in the first place?"

Seriously, he was there he saw the context of the word, I was not, all I had was a word from a forign country and nothing else, he had way more info he could divuldge to allow me to deduce an answer, so everytime he said something that lacked vital information or would later add something in, I would loudly proclaim over his talking
    "NEHODY NEHODY NEHODY!" till he shut up.
    /backstory

So yeah, why do people willingly not divuldge potentially useful information when asking questions or making requests, I know the answer SC logic is bound to come up, but this happens in other areas not pertaining to customer/customer service interactions or atleast in my experience they do.

For some, it's a lack of perspective. Specifically, because they have their own perspective in a situation, they don't always realize that people who were not part of the situation might not be able to see it in the same way.

That's not any sort of excuse for that behavior, however.

You can't just make statement A, completely omit statement B, and then declare a conclusion that is almost entirely based on statement B and expect people not to be confused.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They might not realize it *is* important, and there's the opposite complaint too where people run on and on with explanation that you don't need because they think you might.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
      X