Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras

I've been watching some various youtube live music videos. Nothing major, just local bands and the like...I'm watching this one damn video and the camera is everywhere but the band, even though the video is advertised as being of the band. it's now even focused anywhere. Just flying around randomly like michael j. fox was holding the damn thing. JFC make a good video!!!!!

God, I hate this.

Cirque du Soleil has directors who think that they're artists and so half the time when performances are going on, we get to watch random members of the audience watching those things. >_<

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or like those live concert videos where the camera guy is looking at the wrong people.

Awesome vocal gymnastics! Zoom in on keyboardist!

Killer bass line opening! Zoom in on guitarist standing there.

Extreme guitar solo! Zoom in on the singer.

Comment

Not quite the same, but related: modern movie fight scenes, especially those with lots of characters involved. The camera angle generally changes so often, showing so much, that I for one can't really follow what's supposed to be happening in one viewing, and therefore don't enjoy it enough ever to watch again.

Or else they make armies and such so huge, and want all of them onscreen, that it's just a swarm and you can't see what anybody's doing, or often even tell which side is which.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yeah those suck too. Bonus points if it's really dark and all the characters look sort of alike. Awesome, there's 50 men fighting, and they're all 5'10, dark hair, fair skinned men wearing the same clothes.

Comment

The epic armies is a tool to show just how epic the battle really is, and since the technology is still fairly new, they abuse it. It should settle down pretty soon.

The whole jumping-angle thing, however, is a stylistic choice that some directors like way too much. >_<

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So it's the camera operators that you hate, the cameras just do what they're told

but yeah I hate jumpy video work it gives me a headache.

And did you diss on Michael J Fox?
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Just a joke from family guy. Any time something looks sloppily done you blame it on MJF or Ali.

Comment

Yeah, because making fun of Parkinson's disease is hilarious!
                  Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                    Just a joke from family guy. Any time something looks sloppily done you blame it on MJF or Ali.
                    Poor taste joke you mean. Mr. Fox has handled having Parkinson's Disease better than anyone. For years no one even knew he had it unless he told them. For how long he has had it, most people would be in a wheelchair twitching, assuming they're still alive.

For what he's endured and for how long and how well he's handled it, he deserves better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                      Poor taste joke you mean. Mr. Fox has handled having Parkinson's Disease better than anyone.
                      First, I must have missed the memo that says that Family Guy is a show done in good taste.

Second, aside from the whole thing about lying to his bosses and falsifying information on his contract, yeah, I have to agree.

^-.-^

Comment

Apologies to all, Mr. Fox most of all. Please forgive my tasteless joke and in no way let it infer that I have anything but the deepest respect for the man and his movies.

Comment

Working...
                        X