My old high school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old high school

Back when I was in high school, I received threats from this one guy whenever I read a book. He threatened to take my book and burn it.

What did The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy to to him? Did he attempt to read it to get off the planet and was disappointed when it was really an absurd little five-book trilogy?

Another thing I hated about my old high school was this little snot of a girl. she was a little shorter than most people, and was kinda cute. She had, umm... How shall I put this without offending anyone? Her Thelma and Louise were bigger than the other girls. She was still a snot.

The school allowed students to have after-school clubs. Even though it was titled Anime and manga club, she used it for some abstract variant of role-playing.

I have nothing against role-playing. It actually helps me get out of a bad mood.

Even though there was very little anime or manga in the club, I still went. I still got people to join.

Then one day, I was treated like I had the plague. I wondered why I was being left out. Then my sister received a note from the girl and a old 'friend' (we'll call her S.). My sister showed me the note and I learned why.

The note called me a stray that was smelly and annoying. The note also tried to get my sister to join the crowd and look down on me. According to the note, two other people were listed. one was a guy that was listed for my sister to avoid. (He liked to pretend he had multiple personalities to get people to pay attention to him.) The other was a girl who was friends with S. (Let's call her A.)

It was from the note I learned that I learned S and the girl were people who loved being the center of attention.

I told A that S was spreading rumors about her. S denied it, and A seemed to believe it. But I never saw the two together afterwords.

I dunno what happened to the snot of a girl. I only called her a snot of a girl in this post because she was annoying in hindsight. I don't know what happened to A or S either.

I take pride in one thing from this. I don't need to try to tear someone down to make myself look good.

Of course, I realize I'm tearing them down a bit on a messageboard. But I'm not doing it to be popular. I did it to relieve some stress from the past.

I refused to give the girl a nickname because she was annoying in hindsight and wanted to be popular at any cost.

Funny how high school kids have been like that since high schools began....nothing ever changes.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

*hugs*

No worries. Let it out, feel free. No one would ever dare assume you're trying to one-up anyone by telling your story.

I think a lot of us on both of these sites have our stories of bad high school experiences. I've done my best to try to forget those 4 years of my life (especially the last 2 of them!), along with the offending people.

Comment

Sites like these provide a place to vent our frustrations. I'm thankful for that.

Comment

Graduating high school was the greatest day of my life. As one friend said when I graduated, "I'm not congratulating you on graduating high school. We all knew you'd do that. I'm congratulating you on graduating high school and not becoming a douchebag. That's a real accomplishment." Too true. Most of the people I went to high school with were douchebags. But on the bright side, I actually graduated college and I'm making more money than anyone else I went to high school with that I know of. Suckas.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Once they started playing the last song of the ceremony, I was out of there so fast, you would have thought I was wearing Nike running shoes and not fancy heels.

I only attended graduation because my parents forced me to. And, well, because they could kick me out of their house and I didn't have enough money to make it on my own.....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelKatz View Post
              Another thing I hated about my old high school was this little snot of a girl. she was a little shorter than most people, and was kinda cute. She had, umm... How shall I put this without offending anyone? Her Thelma and Louise were bigger than the other girls . She was still a snot.
              That part made me laugh, are bigger boobs supposed to make you nice instead of a snot?
              I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

They seem to contribute, actually!
                The bustiest girl in my school used to pick on me for being goth, now she's re-invented herself as "The Uber-Goth Darkest Lady"
                One of the other chicks used to be bitchy about my boyfriend's appearance, she's now dating someone who really is very unfortunate-looking, whereas my now-husband gets hit on all the time. Facebook friend suggestions make me

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  Once they started playing the last song of the ceremony, I was out of there so fast, you would have thought I was wearing Nike running shoes and not fancy heels.
                  After the ceremony, and I had my diploma...I laid rubber out of the parking lot. Haven't been back to that place, nor do I intend to.

Comment

Were it not for the strictly-enforced rules of decorum, and my parents and grandparents being in attendance, I probably would've peeled off a nice "FUCK THIS PLACE" on my way out of the graduation ceremony.

There aren't many people from that school I'd care to see again, and they left town a long time ago. Meh. I don't see them often.

Comment

I've been debating on whether or not to attend my high school reunion. Which may be a moot point, as I still don't know if/when I may have a biopsy or what kind it will be. So, not making any firm plans yet. It's the same weekend as my nephew's birthday (more incentive to go home) but it's also the same weekend as a very good friend's going away party (more incentive to stay here). I didn't have a terrible high school experience, but I didn't have a great one either. I wasn't popular, and I went to a very small high school (42 people in my class). There weren't really cliques, I just didn't fit in with anyone. I was socially awkward to boot. It wasn't until college that I made good friends, loosened up a bit, and learned some social skills.

Then I read this Cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...houldnt-exist/ It makes some very good points. If I really wanted these people in my life, wouldn't they already be there? And would seeing the few people I would like to see be worth dealing with past bullies and bitches? Oh, and honestly, as much as I would like to go there and 'win', it wouldn't work with them. Instead of, "Wow, you're doing something really cool and useful with your life" it would be, "So, why haven't you had kids yet?" And probably a lot of underhanded comments about my weight (I've gained 100 lbs since high school). Personally, I don't think I need the drama.

Comment

being one of the older "aged" members

I am still not sure if I will go to my 35th year HS reunion.

most of the people I went to HS with I could have cared less about. there are only 2 or 3 people that I still have some contact with but that communication is few and far inbetween. no I am not on Facebook or Twitter but am on Classmates (or whatever they are calling themselves now) meh whatever

it was nice for my last 2 years of HS. the Jr and Sr prom was good, the activities were OK and fun....

the 10 year reunion was alright as I was still local. got see all of the changes that happened to people in just 10 years.

But with the 25th year reunion it was lame to say the least. there were "4 year old sandbox" issues going on in the background. the only bright side was my change in appreance that got a LOT of comments (mostly good and naughty exp from an Ex GF oh why couldn't you other women have made those comments 25 years back ).

for the 35th (if the world makes it through all of the "the world is ending on MM DD, 20XX date) I may or may not go. undecided yet as it would be a road trip for me
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I was so glad to leave high school. I have a few friends from those days.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                            If I really wanted these people in my life, wouldn't they already be there?
                            Yes, if you genuinely cared deeply for someone, they would play a role in your life. But that's not what a reunion is for. Reunions are about refreshing acquaintances and reminiscing.

I can't maintain friendships with 50 former classmates in my day-to-day life. I simply don't have the time. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in spending an evening with them all, catching up and talking about old times.

Anyone who had a lousy time in high school probably shouldn't go to their reunion, since the "reminiscing" part will stir up nothing but bad memories.

Comment

If I were local, I would absolutely go, at least to say hi to the people I still like. But, I would have to drive for 8 hours and miss a party for a friend who, frankly, means a lot more to me than those people. I don't even know what we'd talk about. It's been too long, I've changed too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X