Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my in-laws a long rant....

background:
    My husband has one older brother, one older sister, and two younger sisters(twins). Older brother and hubs are the ONLY ones to have graduated HS(hubs has GED, but same diff), hubs is the ONLY one to graduate college. All his sisters got married at age 18 to various low-lifes and started popping out kids. Girls were raised, get pregnant, trap a man, you don't have to work, just keep having babies. Husband was raised "men are worthless except for making babies and supporting women". /background.

Hubs' family due to lack of education, and lack of desire to get education, work part-time minimum wage jobs, they get in a financial bind they call hubs, and beg for money(and tell him not to tell me about it-we don't keep secrets from each other).

Twin R could get a full time managerial job at a gas station two blocks from MIL's house, (where she, her 2 kids, and on again-off again illegal alien husband* are staying, due to them being evicted AGAIN-at 23 she's been on her own with her husband for a whopping 8 months total) but she doesn't want to give up her minimum wage 3 day a week cleaning job, with no insurance. Fine whatever, you enjoy being broke.....

Wait, your begging your brother, MY HUSBAND for money for an abortion because you cheated on your husband, didn't use ANY form of birth control(didn't you just get hospitalized for a pelvic infection chlymidia/gonnerhea combo, that your unfaithful husband gave you, how rock-stupid are you?), and told your husband you were faithful while separated. Why should your brother/my husband pay for your fuck-up?

HE offered you the same as we offered my sister(my sister miscarried), we will not pay for ANY medical procedure for ANYONE(medications sure), but we will gladly adopt and raise the child.

Oh, we ruined your life and destroyed your marriage?
    (this is according to R, her twin M, older sister S, and HIS OWN MOTHER!)
    You're 23, grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your OWN actions, our actions/inaction caused nothing, this is all on you, we did not lie to your husband, and we did not have sex with 5 different guys using no form of birth control.
    We have bailed you out more times than I can count-you have paid us back once.

Hubs is ready to sever contact with his entire family over this....I do not blame him....the only thing keeping him in some manner of contact, despite the screaming, yelling and oh how evil and heartless we are, is, without us the kids go without.

*they were going to divorce, she was trying to get pregnant to "land" another bill payer, he decided to try and work things out.
    Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 06-02-2011, 01:35 AM.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

I wouldn't blame you guys either! HOly Moly that is one screwed up family! I am glad your Husband stands up to them and says no!
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

I say sever ties with the in-laws. Both of you would be happier in the long run.

Comment

I can't stand irresponsible leeches! It's high time to cut off ties from them!
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

I feel for you and your husband. That is one messed up family!

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
            Hubs is ready to sever contact with his entire family over this....I do not blame him....the only thing keeping him in some manner of contact, despite the screaming, yelling and oh how evil and heartless we are, is, without us the kids go without.
            You're actually doing the kids a disservice by keeping these losers afloat.

Let them sink, and the state will take the kids and give them to you to take care of. One of my friends has custody of his nephews for a similar situation.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

While reading that in the back of my mind that inappropriate voice of mine was chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" I wouldn't blame your husband for cutting contact.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                You're actually doing the kids a disservice by keeping these losers afloat.

Let them sink, and the state will take the kids and give them to you to take care of. One of my friends has custody of his nephews for a similar situation.
                That's easier said than done.

I understand that you're thinking very practically, and very long-term. But in the meantime, BK would have to watch young children go hungry. For me, I think that would be just too heartbreaking to stand for even a short time.

Comment

Then don't just watch - Call CPS. Or give just the kids food. And call CPS.

The idea of small kids going without food seems to be a great motivator for them. At least that's what the neighbor-bitch told them when I was 7... They came out and harassed us for a couple of hours until it was figured out that I hadn't had dinner because I wasn't hungry.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    actually they'd probably go to the father's side, as the kids don't speak English, we're hoping the father makes good on his threat to take the kids and move back to Argentina-he has tons of family, and the kids would be well taken care of.
                    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
                    X