Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow Up!

Sorry, deleted.
    Last edited by blas87; 06-11-2011, 05:17 AM. Reason: It's better I delete this

Yeah, had that happen to a friend of mine at work. Apparently because he 'spends a lot of time talking to a girl in his department', a couple of potheads thought it would be funny to start telling other people in the department that the two of them were screwing. He walked in one day to find himself basically ostracized from everyone else in the dept because they believed it, the female rumored to be with him was mortified and angry at him for God knows why, and it nearly got him fired until the potheads finally fessed up to management that they were just playing around. I'm pretty sure the girl's significant other, who also works in the store, still gives my friend dirty looks when he sees him. It could just as easily have been started about me and him, since we're often talking and even go to lunch together a lot and neither of us would have cared much since we're both single. But nah, it had to be about the one person with personality disorders and a jealous SO.
    Last edited by LadyBarbossa; 06-07-2011, 03:18 AM.
    A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Wow Blas I'm thinking if you didn't have family ties to the area you're in you should totally move somewhere else where there aren't so many backwoods kinds of people. Not to mention there have to be better jobs elsewhere. Oh yeah and better weather.

But ya I know family keeps you there I"m sure.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Well, that is sort of a different topic for a different day, but a mostly true statement. I have fears of moving to bigger areas and fears of being completely alone with no family or anyone familiar nearby, and bigger fears of making a huge move with a friend or serious bf and things going bad.

But back on track.....last night, I was nearly in tears. I can't believe I let them get to me so much, but I did. I failed at being tough. The guy, well, he does just fine. I think he's flattered that people think what they do of us, but he does get sick of the teasing. But, when I least expected it and was just moments away from throwing something or walking out of the room for a bathroom breather, he stood up for me, calling the one guy an asshole. Albeit, the wrong one....they are both BEING assholes, but it was the one who I got into the fight with who started the whole thing originally, and he is the main instigator. Although I am relieved that someone got told point blank "You're really pissing her off. Quit being an asshole!", and I know I should have stood up for myself first.

I'm just too scared. In the past, I always got in trouble for standing up for myself (may slightly be though because I usually tend to blow up and make a scene of it) and I know I'm not well-liked and I know I'm not likely to be believed against a bunch of guys, and I also have a repuation for joking with others, so someone could assume I was faking being mad or just trying to get someone else in trouble. But this is different. I don't take this as joking. This is being immature, childish, and flat out mocking and ostracizing me from everyone else. It's wrong and it's unprofessional.

Comment

I hope things get better for you, blas.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            because we're a male/female friend duo, and you know, that's just not socially acceptable.
            I've noticed that too. Why aren't people allowed to be just friends anymore? Why is it whenever two people hang out together a lot, they're always "involved"? Whether it's a man and woman, two women or two men, they're always assumed to be a "couple", never just friends.

Sorry your co-irkers are such immature jackasses. Some people never do outgrow middle-school social politics.

I know it's rough to leave friends and family and the familiarity of the place you grew up in; I did just that a few years ago. It hasn't been easy, no change ever is, but sometimes you have to do it for your own sanity.
            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
            X