Loosing a friend to cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing a friend to cancer

It hasn't happened yet, but it will happen soon. I've already lost a few to cancer in this life, and I'm going to loose another. I've known her for 10 years. She's a big part of my support network, and will leave behind a 12 yo daughter who's father isn't in the picture.
    She's refusing treatment and on Hospice now, as treatment would only be 10-15% effective, and 100% side effects. She'd rather be pain free and herself at the end.
    This really sucks.

I am so sorry, it really sucks watching someone you really love and care about die. What's going happen to the girl, is she going to be ok?
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Well they just moved to be near family before she got word that its terminal, so someone should take her in, be it aunts and uncles or grandmother.

Comment

Sending virtual hugs
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm sorry about your friend, and the pain you're going through as well. It hurts to see someone you care about going through a terminal disease.

I hope someone in the girl's family will step up and give her room and board. And all the extra love and support she will need.
          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
          X