Rude Fuckers in Mobility Scooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Fuckers in Mobility Scooters

So, went to Disneyland a couple weeks back, as I have a habit of doing, and while making my way through the crowded thoroughfare, it being the opening day of their Summer Soundsation stuff, this asshole in a mobility scooter does a hit and run on me.

Ten minutes later, this same fucking geezer nearly clips me again going the other way. He was trying to hit me, too - he had more than enough room to go around.

I wish I hadn't been so shocked that he would actually do something like that to have thought to bring it to a castmember's attention. He may not have hurt me (I've got lots of padding on my thighs), but he didn't even slow down, and he hit me hard enough that he can't possibly have not known.

I really hope the next person he clips belts him one and then prosecutes the fucker for assault.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

That's beyond rude!

Comment

I had one of those at a Walmart a while back. Damn near hit my wife and just barely clipped me. I confronted him to get him to apologize. Naturally he refused. Even gave me a "Fuck you" for my efforts.
      “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

While I haven't been hit by a scooter I have been hit by shopping carts, they hurt like hell especially when the person full on rams you. I had the story up on CS somewhere.
        "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Ooooh anyone who rams me with a shopping cart will find my foot kicking it right back to them...I do NOT put up with the shit cause it does hurt.

I haven't been hit by a scooter but there is one woman in my neighborhood in one who's rude as hell...thinking she's all entitled and shit.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

We have some of those fuckers who will randomly dart into traffic. Just an FYI, you never know who has shitty brakes, nothing like jumping a curb to save some miserable undeserving souls life. Personally, I think that it should be a crime to run over someone in traffic if they are on one of those scooters because I'm sorry those are not meant to be used in traffic and those people need to be aware of that.

OH GOD, I almost forgot you will be waiting in line they will roll up with the basket full pulling a full cart behind them and ask tell you that because of their disability they need to go first and not have to wait..... I'm sorry Your sitting down, I have been standing for 20min in this line. NOW if it was a sweet or even bitter old lady with a walker about to collapse, sure go in front of me. But when your a fat ass sitting down..... WELL FUCK YOU.
            Last edited by insertNameHere; 06-14-2011, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
              OH GOD, I almost forgot you will be waiting in line they will roll up with the basket full pulling a full cart behind them and ask tell you that because of their disability they need to go first and not have to wait..... I'm sorry Your sitting down, I have been standing for 20min in this line. NOW if it was a sweet or even bitter old lady with a walker about to collapse, sure go in front of me. But when your a fat ass sitting down..... WELL FUCK YOU.
              Here Here, Well spoken Bruce.

I feel the same way. You're sitting with a full cart. I'm standing with three items. That scooter is a hell of a lot more comfy than my shoes are.

Get.
              Fucked.

In fact, please do so with a red-hot agave cactus the size of the Chrysler Building.

Older person, person with a disability, person on crutches/braces/walker, person in obvious distress? Sure, I'm more able to stand for a little while longer than you are so please go ahead.
              “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

I started a thread on this exact sort of thing about a year ago.
                http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=2806

We actually had the same sort of thing happen yesterday. Some dick on a scooter was wizzing through the mall at the speed of a flat out run. Some parents yelled at him because he had nearly hit their kids. He yelled back that he didn't care and that they should look out for him instead.
                I wanted to smack his smug looking face.

We also had a guy in a scooter that recently was banned from our store (tis a liquor store). He basically stole, refused to admit it, then decided to ram my leg with his scooter a few times when he was trying to escape out the front door. He was banned from the store and the mall, but I didn't press charges (all I get was a tiny scrape from it on my shin). I was more pissed off than I was injured.

Next time anyone on a scooter tries to do shit like that to me, I'm just gonna take out their starter key and throw it as far away as possible. I'm beyond caring if it makes me look like a monster.
                "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
                Josh Thomas

Comment

I'm of the opinion that we need to start prosecuting these fuckers who hit us with vehicular assault. The damn thing's a vehicle, the people in them should start being held accountable for what they do in them.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had one scooter person going through the castle at Disney World do a whole "Beep beep, coming through!" and plowed through the crowd. Didn't hit anyone, but the scooter does *not* mean you can shove through people.

Jerks and scooters are a bad mix.
                    "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                    We are contented, because he says we are
                    He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Really, people. Don't any of you know how to clothesline them? "He drove into my fist! Honest!"
                      "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                      -- OMM 0000

Comment

just seems like another case of "I have managed to keep breathing longer than you. I am OLD RESPECT ME or I will grind your bones with my scooter wheels"

My Ex had a scooter but at least she knew how to be a courtious "driver" in stores AND on the street.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
                          I started a thread on this exact sort of thing about a year ago.
                          http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=2806

We actually had the same sort of thing happen yesterday. Some dick on a scooter was wizzing through the mall at the speed of a flat out run. Some parents yelled at him because he had nearly hit their kids. He yelled back that he didn't care and that they should look out for him instead.
                          I wanted to smack his smug looking face.
                          If you want to go by maritime rules, the unpowered vehicle has the right of way over any powered vehicle (except for a ship). So a sailboat takes precedence over a motor boat. I think the same thing applies to vehicle code...people in cars should look out for people not in cars especially in a place like a parking lot.

Comment

Never encountered a rude idiot in a scooter yet (luckily for them!) but plenty of mombitches armed with giant Formula One buggies including one bitch who bashed my ankles in a queue when I was on crutches. A buggie is NOT a weapon, bitches.
                            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact that I've got the nasty feeling they'd win in court, I'd be all for taking one that almost hits me without apology and snap-kicking him in the mouth. Bad enough some of the people at the HEB I go to every so often that're on foot are dicks, but a dick on something with a land speed roughly a healthy person's run speed? Uh-uh.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

Working...
                              X